Medical Apps

This is a discussion on Medical Apps within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I was a long time Palm user and I loved their medical apps. So far I've been disappointed with Androids medical app offerings. Does anyone ...

Thread: Medical Apps

Medical Apps

I was a long time Palm user and I loved their medical apps. So far I've been disappointed with Androids medical app offerings. Does anyone know if the medcalc app (costs4.99) is the same as the 1 for palm/iphone?(where it's free btw!!). I also find searching for medical apps very frustrating as the market is flooded with apps aimed at the general population and there seems to be no way to search as a medical professional.
    Suggestions?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Apps

Epocrates
    Skyscape
    ClinTrials
    Pubmed

All good but not free.

iTriage is free and is available at the Android market. I'm not sure exactly what type of medical app you are looking for but iTriage finds the closest doctors and let's you research diseases and procedures to find appropriate healthcare.

Epocrates has a free app that includes drug interactions search. I use it almost daily. It is fast and it works. I think there is a paid version that includes different formularies so you can prescribe drugs that are covered by your patient's insurance.

If you're managing a calendar full of patients and procedures you'll need an app like Searchify to search the calendar. For some reason Google chose to leave calendar search out of the OS. Doh!

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by tyler.durden View Post
    Epocrates has a free app that includes drug interactions search. I use it almost daily. It is fast and it works. I think there is a paid version that includes different formularies so you can prescribe drugs that are covered by your patient's insurance.

If you're managing a calendar full of patients and procedures you'll need an app like Searchify to search the calendar. For some reason Google chose to leave calendar search out of the OS. Doh!

Cheers!
    Dude. That avatar is freak'n me out man!
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links