Anyone else stop using task killers since 2.2?

This is a discussion on Anyone else stop using task killers since 2.2? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; out of curiousity what about battery? leaving unused tasks in the background would consume a reasonable deal of battery do you think thats a reason ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else stop using task killers since 2.2?

out of curiousity
    what about battery?
    leaving unused tasks in the background would consume a reasonable deal of battery
    do you think thats a reason to use taskiller?

please share

I've tried to stop using a task killer, but right after uninstalling there is noticably more lag on the homescreen.

I didn't restart the phone (which is probably unfair...) but I was thinking it should run fine without a reboot.

Anyway, I'll try it again and see how it goes!

I'm Still using Taskiller (& KeepScreen)
    to Force close (be aware)
    Amazon MP3
    and
    Google Voice

You can force close those if you want, but they just start back up again - they're services. I've got better things to do than chase these things... and seriously, they really don't take up a lot of resources! It's more psychological than anything. I think it can be handy to have a task killer for the rare times a single process is out of control, but just let the OS do it's thing. As mentioned a reboot everyone few days is a lot less work!

DT

I stopped using it a couple of weeks ago ... and then the only reason I started to use it was a "hmm...I have this app on my phone but never use it, let's use it" type of thought. Honestly, I did not see a reason and stopped after two days. The memory display never matched what the phone had and those apps Amazon, Google Voice just kept coming back running. I saw no noticeable difference in speed or battery life during those two days of using and forgot about it. Yesterday's update brought it to mind again..."I have this app, never use it, why do I have it?" I couldn't think of a reason so I uninstalled it.

yeah I still use Task Killer but it's only to do a quick clean up every once and a while. I haven't noticed anything with battery since I stopped autokilling when screen off. But it seems to be fine. I'm really crazy about my phone battery though.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyscislo View Post
    yeah I still use Task Killer but it's only to do a quick clean up every once and a while. I haven't noticed anything with battery since I stopped autokilling when screen off. But it seems to be fine. I'm really crazy about my phone battery though.
    me too. the battery life is.. .. ... disappointing
    and for some reasons, while i am using battery status, the phone will shut down at 6% or 7%, not when it goes down to 1%.

Quote Originally Posted by schizophrenia View Post

and for some reasons, while i am using battery status, the phone will shut down at 6% or 7%, not when it goes down to 1%.
    yeah I was a blackberry user until I bought my G1 when it first came out. I don't know if you've ever used a blackberry, but you can leave that thing off the charger for 3 days and still have a good percentage of battery. But the Nexus One's battery seems to do all I need it to do in a day or so.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyscislo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by schizophrenia View Post

yeah I was a blackberry user until I bought my G1 when it first came out. I don't know if you've ever used a blackberry, but you can leave that thing off the charger for 3 days and still have a good percentage of battery. But the Nexus One's battery seems to do all I need it to do in a day or so.
    a bit off topic i know but my battery can't even last for more than 20 hours with my light use of the phone. I am mostly on Wifi, occassionally on Mobile Data and mainly checking emails, stock prices and some social websites, not even games. Frustrating actually. ha

Your N1 is Far Far more advanced than anything RIM can throw at it...
    Battery Technology, Unfortunately has not kept pace with advancements in Mobile computing.

The functionalities, features and APPS offered on your N1 are UNPARALLELED by BlackBerry (dare i say Apple???)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links