Anyone else stop using task killers since 2.2?

This is a discussion on Anyone else stop using task killers since 2.2? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by aseems Your N1 is Far Far more advanced than anything RIM can throw at it... Battery Technology, Unfortunately has not kept pace ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone else stop using task killers since 2.2?

Quote Originally Posted by aseems View Post
    Your N1 is Far Far more advanced than anything RIM can throw at it...
    Battery Technology, Unfortunately has not kept pace with advancements in Mobile computing.

The functionalities, features and APPS offered on your N1 are UNPARALLELED by BlackBerry (dare i say Apple???)
    I wasn't suggesting RIM can come close to anything Android does, I was just saying why I am such a stifler for my battery's life.

I am still using it but rarely kill anymore. Just kill when necessary. Maybe I love to watch that cute green droid up there...

Anyone else stop using task killers since 2.2?

Ok, I'm new to this phone, and still trying to get my act together on it. I just downloaded ATM a little while ago, and trying to figure out how to set up and use it. Not sure I understood that process. Check the ones you want to kill/remove? Can one go back and uncheck and they are back on home page? So now, I'm reading about killing all application before sleeping so one doesn't run the battery to dead?? So what's this about not leaving the phone plugged in all night? So how do you do that? I'm not going to get up in the middle of the night to unplug it after it has charged.
    Flexman

Quote Originally Posted by Sheanzy View Post
    I use Advanced Task Manager with 2.2. I only use it right before I sleep. I kill all applications so I don't risk an application running in the background and burning the battery to DEAD.

I don't leave my Nexus plugged in all night, as it has messed up many of my Li-ion batteries before.

At night, I turn on airplane mode and turn off the gps and syncing features to save my battery.

Quote Originally Posted by N1David View Post
    At night, I turn on airplane mode and turn off the gps and syncing features to save my battery.
    why not just turn it off?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyscislo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by N1David View Post
    why not just turn it off?
    I knew I forgot some information in my posting...I don't turn off the phone because I use it for my alarm clock.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links