Dropped Phone.. Screen is toast.. what are my options...

This is a discussion on Dropped Phone.. Screen is toast.. what are my options... within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I have been paying the insurance fee. What will TMobile give me in replacement of my N1? Will they be able to give me another ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dropped Phone.. Screen is toast.. what are my options...

Dropped Phone.. Screen is toast.. what are my options...

I have been paying the insurance fee. What will TMobile give me in replacement of my N1? Will they be able to give me another N1? Anyone had to deal with this before?

Also what are my options for replacing the screen?

It cracked in various spots and the cracks are bleeding purple and getting worse. Also one large round purple spot at base of screen...

This Sucks...

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I have no idea what the insurance would replace it with, but you do have the option of sending it back to HTC and having them replace the screen. I think the cost runs around $120 or so....you might call them and ask.

Anyone with any other advice or experiences with the insurance?

What about his site? I've heard good things about them. Yes it says iphone but they also list Nexus One.

free quote on iphone repair, damaged iphones| prices to fix iphones and repair Nexus One iPad | brokemyiPhone

Just out of curiousity, did you have a case on the phone?

Stock N1 Froyo 2.2 FRF83
    Data: T-Mobile Web2go $10/mo
    Fast enough for me

Quote Originally Posted by Bronto View Post
    Anyone with any other advice or experiences with the insurance?
    I just experienced the same thing 2 weeks ago. Like you, I was also paying T-Mobile's insurance. When I dropped my phone and shattered the screen I went into the T-mobile store to get the repair process started.

The lady told me that the Nexus One is no longer available, not even for a replacement. She tried to tell me that the most comparable phone is the MyTouch 3G. She even told me I would still have to pay a $145 deductible to get the MyTouch 3G as a replacement. After laughing at her (literally) and explaining that she was completely misinformed, I decided to contact Google directly through their Nexus One support line (1-888-216-4736).

I spoke with a super nice lady who explained that I had two options:

1) Send the phone to HTC so they can repair the screen for $115.
    2) Have HTC send me a replacement Nexus One and put a pending transaction on my bank account for $529. Once the new phone arrives you put your broken one in the box and send it back. When they receive your broken phone they lift the pending transaction and charge you $115.

I chose to go with option 2 because I figured for the same price I would just get a new phone. I recommend going this route if you are able to have a pending transaction of $529 on your bank account for about 5-7 days, since in the end you get a brand new Nexus One.

Though option 1 will still solve your problem for $115.

Also - after completing this whole process with Google I went into the T-Mobile store with my new phone and documentation proving that the lady was a complete idiot. I made them refund the last 7 months of insurance I was paying for since it didn't actually replace the phone as they said it would when I signed up.

snowwarmy-
    Google just straight up offered both those options to you? I am going to give them a call today, what do I say to them for them to offer me those options?

Jiggwatts-yes I had a case on the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronto View Post
    snowwarmy-
    Google just straight up offered both those options to you? I am going to give them a call today, what do I say to them for them to offer me those options?

Jiggwatts-yes I had a case on the phone.
    Just be straight with them. Tell them you dropped your phone and shattered the screen. Ask them what your options are for replacing/repairing the phone. First the person will explain the process of sending your phone in and paying $115 to have the screen repaired. Then she should give you the other option of the full replacement. Then you decide what you want to do.

That's how it worked for me anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by sn0warmy View Post
    I spoke with a super nice lady who explained that I had two options:

1) Send the phone to HTC so they can repair the screen for $115.
    2) Have HTC send me a replacement Nexus One and put a pending transaction on my bank account for $529. Once the new phone arrives you put your broken one in the box and send it back. When they receive your broken phone they lift the pending transaction and charge you $115.

I chose to go with option 2 because I figured for the same price I would just get a new phone.
    FTR, you won't be getting a "new" phone but rather a like new refurb one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links