T-Mobile will not sale Nexus Ones

This is a discussion on T-Mobile will not sale Nexus Ones within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Google Nexus One Won't Be Sold by T-Mobile Google Nexus One Won't Be Sold by T-Mobile BY: Ed Hardy, Brighthand.com Editor PUBLISHED: 7/28/2010 When Google ...

Thread: T-Mobile will not sale Nexus Ones

T-Mobile will not sale Nexus Ones

Google Nexus One Won't Be Sold by T-Mobile

Google Nexus One Won't Be Sold by T-Mobile
    BY: Ed Hardy, Brighthand.com Editor
    PUBLISHED: 7/28/2010

When Google ended direct sales of the Nexus One last week, some were hoping that T-Mobile would start offering this smartphone. Information leaking out of this company indicates that this isn't going to happen.

Google had tried an experiment with the Nexus One -- in the U.S., this smartphone was available only on this company's website. However, sales didn't live up to pre-release hopes, and this experiment came to an end a few days ago.

But that might not have been the end of the story. Google's announcement that its online store was closing said, "Nexus One will continue to be sold by partners including Vodafone in Europe, KT in Korea, and possibly others based on local market conditions." This latter phrase raised hopes among some fans of this model that it would be offered by T-Mobile.

T-Mobile was the sole U.S. carrier to truly embrace the Nexus One. Customers could buy this device from Google with a T-Mobile service contract and a carrier subsidy, something not possible with any of this company's rivals.

However, a document sent to T-Mobile stores by the parent company makes it clear that the Nexus One is gone for good. It says:

Will T-Mobile offer the Nexus One directly to their customers online or through retail stores?

The Nexus One was sold and marketed through Google. T-Mobile is not offering the Nexus One through our retail stores.

The End of the Matter
    Google has made it clear that it is done with selling smartphones to the public, and there won't be a Nexus Two.

At some point in the future, the website that previously sold the Nexus One -- Nexus One Phone -- will switch to advertising all the Android OS models that are available.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

this is kind of as expected.

the one thing that concerns me is that they're done with the phone, or so it sounds.

so will we still be the first to get our updates like 2.2? or will we just be like the G1 owners and be forgotten?

IMO we'll still be getting the updates first since the Nexus One runs a pure vanilla android OS and hasn't been infested with carrier UI's.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyscislo View Post
    this is kind of as expected.

the one thing that concerns me is that they're done with the phone, or so it sounds.

so will we still be the first to get our updates like 2.2? or will we just be like the G1 owners and be forgotten?
    It's no wonder everyone's having heart attacks these days. You worry too much.

Although this news is kind of sad, it makes me even more happy that I own one. Now it feels special to own a Nexus One; it's almost like limited edition.

Several months from now people will be asking me, "Hey, what phone is that?" And I'll be like, "It's a Nexus One by Google." And they'll be like, "Whao....cooool!" And I'll be like, "Yeah."

That's too bad. I really like this phone and will probably have it for quite awhile. I'm glad I was able to get the car dock a few months ago.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links