Anyway to make the camera take smaller pics?

This is a discussion on Anyway to make the camera take smaller pics? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I've never used a pic with the default resolution of 8mp.. It's too huge, and all the time I have to resize the pics to ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyway to make the camera take smaller pics?

Anyway to make the camera take smaller pics?

I've never used a pic with the default resolution of 8mp.. It's too huge, and all the time I have to resize the pics to post on the web or to email people. Emailing a 650kb pic is excessive as well.
    Is there a way to make the default picture size like 1024x768 on the N1 ?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Photoshop will resize. PicSay will resize and interface with email, SMS or MMS to send.

I've been using photoshop to resize; it's a pain in the ass.
    Just lookin for a option in the stock camera app to take smaller pics.

Try taking the picture below 5 MP. Just go to the settings and change it to 3 or below. You can search for a website that can translate what size each MP is. Not sure if this site will help or not: Megapixels and aspect ratio | web.forret.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sheanzy View Post
    Try taking the picture below 5 MP. Just go to the settings and change it to 3 or below. You can search for a website that can translate what size each MP is. Not sure if this site will help or not: Megapixels and aspect ratio | web.forret.com

Yeah that's what i'm looking for.. Yet; there's no setting within SETTINGS that even show any camera options. So i'm not sure where you're looking.

There used to be under setting where you can adjust the pic size(pre froyo) but froyo updates deleted that setting. Now everyone is stuck with 5mp size by default.

Are you using 2.2?

If so, it's in the top settings selection (the one in the upper right corner). Once it's popped up, the list can be scrolled up and down.

Page 246 in the user guide is very helpful also.

Pull up the Camera app and above the button you take the picture with is a bar of different settings. Zoom-Flash-White Balance(aW)- GPS- and SETTINGS. Click last image( This is in PORTRAIT not LANDSCAPE ) and when that menu pops up, scroll to the bottom and change the MP of your picture.

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

Pull up the Camera app and above the button you take the picture with is a bar of different settings. Zoom-Flash-White Balance(aW)- GPS- and SETTINGS. Click last image( This is in PORTRAIT not LANDSCAPE ) and when that menu pops up, scroll to the bottom and change the MP of your picture.

SWEET! HAd no idea that scrolled down. You're my hero today.

Quote Originally Posted by fallacy View Post

SWEET! HAd no idea that scrolled down. You're my hero today.
    Nor did I. Thanks for that 411!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links