AMOLED or SLCD

This is a discussion on AMOLED or SLCD within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I bought one of the very last N1's a week ago before the store closed. This was part of the last shipment. How do I ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AMOLED or SLCD

AMOLED or SLCD

I bought one of the very last N1's a week ago before the store closed. This was part of the last shipment. How do I tell which screen it came with? TIA.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by Excimer View Post
    I bought one of the very last N1's a week ago before the store closed. This was part of the last shipment. How do I tell which screen it came with? TIA.
    99.99% probability it's AMOLED
    But That's just my hunch...

Take a look see here-
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY6qpnoziZM]YouTube - HowardForums.com: Sony Super LCD vs Super AMOLED[/ame]

See if it makes sense..
    I couldn't tell ...

Yea i saw the above video as well.

I (obviously) like the AMOLED more. But from the video S-LCD seems to do pretty well in terms of contrast (still not as well as AMOLED of course!).

But definitely Super AMOLED is the best!

Question

i really couldn't tell the difference between

AMOLED & "Super" AMOLED

Are there any comparative tech specs?

I found another interesting thread.... Thanks to FC1032

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...s-compare.html

:D I also played around with a samsung galaxy s, the screen seems less reflective and the colours are a bit more natural. That's not to say it isn't vibrant, it just isnt too over saturated like the AMOLED.

Question

I have read the advantages and disadvantages. Looked at the pictures and played with examples of both BUT....

How do I know which one my new N1 came with?? Does any one know? Again, TIA.

First off, this is going to probably sound really stupid but I'll mention my experience. Some time ago I got a drop of water on my display and it acted like a magnifying glass. One could actually see the subpixels in their PenTile arrangement (Red - Green and Blue - Green). That should pretty much establish that your screen is in fact an AMOLED screen. I know there is also a PenTile subpixel arrangement scheme for LCD's and OLED's using white emitters and color filters - which is Red-Green-Blue-White. But for some of Samsung's AMOLED's that use RGB emitters that particular arrangement(RG and BG) applies.
    Again, kind of stupid idea but it should establish the identity of your screen.
    El Mono
    P.S. Obviously be careful with water near your device.

Quote Originally Posted by Excimer View Post
    I have read the advantages and disadvantages. Looked at the pictures and played with examples of both BUT....

How do I know which one my new N1 came with?? Does any one know? Again, TIA.
    i'd guess it's a sony.
    If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

LCD vs AMOLED

Wouldn't the LCD screen be better for daylight use? I had the nexus one and got rid of it because I could not read the screen at all in the Florida sun.

Also, I see that on ebay you can buy a LCD screen+sensor for like $ 189 from HK. I am thinking of buying a nexus one on ebay and replacing the AMOLED screen with the LCD from ebay.

Can someone comment on the LCD screen compared to AMOLED? Thank you.

i have both and the lcd is brighter
    If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links