I played with the Iphone4 today! how does it compare?

This is a discussion on I played with the Iphone4 today! how does it compare? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi! The iphone launched in Australia today! So i went to a local phone dealer to play around with it. To my surprise, there wasn't ...

Thread: I played with the Iphone4 today! how does it compare?

Talking I played with the Iphone4 today! how does it compare?

Hi!

The iphone launched in Australia today! So i went to a local phone dealer to play around with it.

To my surprise, there wasn't a HUGE line for waiting... Anyway so i went up to the phone and started playing with it.

I've noted in the past, that the ONLY thing, I thought that the new iphone was only better because of the new screen and gyroscope. There weren't much games on the phone, so I mainly focused on the screen.

The "retina" display was definitely sharp and crisp. Like noted by some reviews, it is hard to spot each individual pixel. That being said, this didn't exactly mean the colours were rich and contrasty like our Nexuses (is that even the right plural form?). We all know that blacks on LCDs are no where NEAR how black our blacks are on an AMOLED.

While talking about the screen, I do want to praise how well the touch was, it was smooth and there was no lag. There is usually some lag on my homescreens, but I'm sure this is cause our phones are usually running a live wallpaper. So, I turned my live wallpaper off and used a static black background, the lag is gone!

I turned on the iphone camera to see what its like, nothing too impressive again, not too different to the Nexus in terms of quality. it was bright in the store, so I couldn't test out the cam in the dark. An interesting thing to note is that the camera focus itself (so the focus box locked onto something) even before I did anything.

The main thing I wanted to do was try the death grip! But the store had locked the sim and it didn't show the signal bar... I guess they knew people will be testing this and might wanted to hide it.

So in the end, I guess my view point hasn't changed much. The screen isn't as amazing as i thought it would be. I much prefer a slightly larger screen with our great contrast ratios. Everything else is on par (not too sure about the reception of course) with us!

Anyone want to chime in?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

This is interesting as well...

The Gadget Guy: iPhone 4 Vs Nexus One: The Ultimate Showdown | EURweb

Its not the body.. but the soul that counts...
    and
    I'll CHOOSE FUNCTION over FORM everytime!!!

Yes, I would still take a Nexus over the Iphone even now.

I remember when my previous smart phone (nokia 5800) was taken away for repairs and I was forced to use my older dumb phone... lets say i was in depression for a good while

Anyway, the things in android like widgets and the various restriction free apps make it a great thing for me. I wouldn't be able to live without the widgets!

Also, its not like the nexus as sub par specs... its still a major contender!

I just got back from a Rogers store that's selling the iPhone. I went with a co-worker who has a friend that works there.

I'm not going to get into comparisons because I barely handled the phone, but I did try the "death grip". To my surprise it only dropped one bar and I held the thing covering the antenna for a good 4-5 minutes.

Maybe Apple has done something to correct the issue in the newer models???

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links