Just a thought...wifi

This is a discussion on Just a thought...wifi within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I set wifi to "never sleep" but I noticed it turns itself off (the icon disappeared when screen time out)...& it takes a long time ...

Thread: Just a thought...wifi

Just a thought...wifi

I set wifi to "never sleep" but I noticed it turns itself off (the icon disappeared when screen time out)...& it takes a long time to turn on once the screen is unlocked. I tested side by side with my ipod touch 1G & the 1G turned on in 30sec.
    Any advice please.
    Thanks.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Yeah, it's a problem, a big problem that noone seems to have the perfect answer for. Wifi fixer in the market seems to help the phone do a better job of connecting and staying connected to wifi....however when the phone goes to sleep, the wifi connection will seem to always shut off for some phones (like mine). I think recent info suggests that the phones with problems are those with MAC addresses that don't start with zeros and that it may be related to the broadcom drivers. They have come out with a better driver however it needs to be incorporated in a firmware update. I think if your phone is rooted, you can install the newer cyanogen firmware which incorporates this driver and your good to go....otherwise we'd have to wait for google to incorporate it eventually.

I don't know if this is your problem though, and it's mostly just a theory.

There's an app I use to keep the phone awake...
    It's made by the famous "taskiller" guys...
    The app's called "keepscreen"

Might be worth giving a shot... As a work around

But beware it devours battery!

Cheers
    Keep the Faith

club968: my phone is not rooted...I'm gonna wait wait wait...
    aseems: thanks for the suggestion, trying now, will give you updates on battery

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links