Change to Sense UI or wait for 3.0

This is a discussion on Change to Sense UI or wait for 3.0 within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hey Guys, I have had the N1 for 5 days. Pretty happy, but having some issues. Located in Australia on the Vodafone net work Ring ...

Thread: Change to Sense UI or wait for 3.0

Change to Sense UI or wait for 3.0

Hey Guys,

I have had the N1 for 5 days.

Pretty happy, but having some issues. Located in Australia on the Vodafone net work

Ring tone quality, Ring tone volume, Bluetooth Quality is very crackly. Seems to have a lot of signal loss, goes from 4 bars to 0. Also noted the WIFI is very week I have to be almost on top of the Modern to get full strength. Battery does not last very long at all. Video Quality very poor.

So should I to do the Sense UI now that 2.2 is available. Or would it be better to wait for Android 3.0?

Not sure if these issues will be addressed in 3.0 or not.

Any help?

Gezza (Australia)

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I'm not exactly sure what you mean about the Sense UI since it isn't available for the N1. I don't think it would solve your problems even if it were. If what you describe is accurate it sounds like you may have a defective phone. There shouldn't be any crackling or anything with the sound...it should be clear and loud. You also shouldn't have any problems with wifi, bluetooth, or video quality. Battery life, on the other hand, greatly depends upon how you use your phone and how bright the screen settings are. Good luck with the phone...I hope you get it straightened out.

well can you tell us how long your battery lasts? because mine can go for 10 hours or 6 depending on how heavy I used it.

Quote Originally Posted by gezza View Post
    Hey Guys,

I have had the N1 for 5 days.

Pretty happy, but having some issues. Located in Australia on the Vodafone net work

Ring tone quality, Ring tone volume, Bluetooth Quality is very crackly. Seems to have a lot of signal loss, goes from 4 bars to 0. Also noted the WIFI is very week I have to be almost on top of the Modern to get full strength. Battery does not last very long at all. Video Quality very poor.

So should I to do the Sense UI now that 2.2 is available. Or would it be better to wait for Android 3.0?

Not sure if these issues will be addressed in 3.0 or not.

Any help?

Gezza (Australia)
    Hi!

I'm from Australia too, but not with Voda (bought outright)

What version of android are you running? 2.1 or 2.2? My speaker seems fine for ringtone (but I've stuck with default, so not too sure about other custom ringtones), not sure if quality changes between music player and ringtone (like volume wise and all) but music playback seems fine (so I'll assume that ringtones with these are also fine?)

Not sure about your signal loss, is this in a specific place or in general? I find that when using 3G networks, the signal bars do tend to drop very easily, using 2G is more stable (this is also the case with my other phones, so i guess its a common thing)

As for Wi-Fi, its weak when you hold it horizontally in landscape (cause you cover the wifi antenna), I manage to get a 1-2 bar connection when I'm upstairs when the router is downstairs, and its still pretty fast.

I manage to get a full day of battery life (so i charge a night before and I'll need to charge the following night), This isn't bad I guess considering my previous Nokia 5800 "smartphone" got around the same but I didn't do as much on it.

Sense isn't available (by default, you can do custom roms, but that will void warranty...) and Android 3.0 isn't due anytime soon...

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    I'm assuming you are talking about the Sense UI that will be releasing to the Evo on the 3rd of Aug. Nexus one does not run on a UI other the plain jane that Google developed. You would most likely have to root your Nexus one to get the Sense UI to even work on the Nexus One, as HTC has never built a Sense UI for it. I think you are confusing the two. All sense is is a user interface. 2.2 is the Operation system build. If your Nexus One has 2.2 on it. the Sense UI will be of little use to you other than giving you another way to interface with your phone.

If you are still on 2.1 you need to update 2.2.
    Androidfied.

I own Nexus One and I am with VHA Australia network. So far I haven't got any problem with the network. The Wi-Fi works fine and I always get a good connection.

3G yes sometimes a bit doggy but I guess it's just the network coverage and range. I am running Android 2.2 right from the day I got my phone. Bought mine unlock from Google site and mine is T-Mobile and Asian compatibility.

Battery wise, it does not last even a half day but after few recharge and discharge I am getting roughly around 9-10 hours with moderate use.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links