Auto link to Picasa - can't delete

This is a discussion on Auto link to Picasa - can't delete within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Recently I got a message that my phone was low on storage. Upon looking, I saw that I have some 600 pictures that I uploaded ...

Thread: Auto link to Picasa - can't delete

Auto link to Picasa - can't delete

Recently I got a message that my phone was low on storage. Upon looking, I saw that I have some 600 pictures that I uploaded to Picasa (from my PC-and came from a CD, NOT my phone/cam) on my phone.

I know how to delete pictures on my phone, and did a few that were in another album....BUT, the phone will not bring up the delete option for these 600 or so pictures.

Anyone know why this is occurring, and/or how to remove them..and regain my storage?

Thanks

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

Online Picasa albums aren't stored on the phone, it's just a link with a thumbnail. So there's not a huge amount of storage involved.

But to get rid of them, go to Settings > Accounts & Sync > click your Google account and uncheck Picasa.

I didn't notice much of a difference in used storage, though.

You are wise. Settings worked.....and you're right again...didn't make much difference. Apparently, I need to make better choices on apps, or start storing some items on my SD card.

Thanks!

Question Stopping Picasa Sync

Hello:

I'm having the same Picasa Web Albums Sync problem, but when I "cleared data" from the Gallery app, I stopped receiving the "low space" alert. Problem is, when I go into Accounts and then into my Google account, the four sections shown are Sync Contacts, Sync Gmail, Sync Picasa Web Albums, and Sync Calendar.

I don't see any separate "Stop syncing Picasa" option; there's only the button at the bottom of the screen that says, "Remove Account"; I assume this means that my entire Google account will be deleted, not just Picasa. And so I'd lose everything else, especially Gmail.

How do I get rid of Picasa albums on my phone? Do I have to go to the site on my PC and actually delete the whole damn thing? Because I will, if necessary.

Thanks,

g9

Ads