Nexus One, rises from the grave

This is a discussion on Nexus One, rises from the grave within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Our Nexus One looks like it is getting a second life as a developer phone. Nexus One gets second life as Google developer phone | ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One, rises from the grave

Nexus One, rises from the grave

Our Nexus One looks like it is getting a second life as a developer phone.

Nexus One gets second life as Google developer phone | ZDNet

Great news I think. But do you think people who drop their Nexus One's are going to pretend to be devs to be able to order a new one?

Registration fee: $25
    New Nexus One: $529
    pretending to be an android developer just to have your favorite phone again...priceless.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I don't know why this is news. Didn't google announced this the same time they announced they got the last shipments of the phone?

And this is not directed towards jdallac, its directed towards the many sites posting this like it is something new!!

I'm guessing the newsworthy part is that you can now still purchase a nexus one directly from google? (if you are a developer)

I'm not sure if that had been announced before, but it was news to me.

Yes, this is news. It was announced last Thursday that Google will continue to sell the phones to developers. The last shipment was for sales to the general public through the website.

I don't get the title of this thread though.(?)

I'll definitely be signing up. I was dreading the thought of not being able to get another one if something happened to mine. Now I have a safety blanket.

I just don't see any other phones available that I'm interested in yet. The next phone I get will have a front facing camera. It will have to be as sleek as the Nexus One, and of similar build quality. And it will have to have a processor of at least 2 GHz (ok, I MIGHT settle for 1.8 GHz if the battery lasts longer) and 2GB of app memory (this 512MB limit SUCKS, I feel like I'm working on an XT with 640K of memory and a pair of floppy drives). I ain't seen that yet.

Otherwise, I couldn't be happier with this phone. I love it! (TMo, on the other hand, I really hate the dropped calls. I'd rather they spend money expanding their coverage rather than increasing their speeds in very limited markets. I live 20 mi outside of Boston and the coverage is awful. Verizon did have that right. Thankfully my home is well covered, but go anywhere off the highway and coverage is hit or miss, and there are 4 locations along Rt 2 that I drop calls every day, including one 2 mi stretch. and another spot right in Cambridge on Rt 2!)

I was thinking of a few apps I could develop anyway. Good news is replacement parts will continue to be available.

I'm with FlyingsCool and, I had actually thought about being a developer for Android. It will be nice to have a backup and I'll be registering soon.

Hmmm I read an article saying it would be a T-Mobile 3G N1. Bummer..

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

looks like my thread title got changed to something more intelligible. haha.
    no one remembers the sega genesis game Altered Beast?

"Wise fwom your gwave..."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10p5CMaFYGo]YouTube - ‪Altered Beast (GEN/MD) Gameplay‬‎[/ame]

ah well. maybe I'm dating myself.

where do you go to become a dev?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyscislo View Post
    where do you go to become a dev?

Here you go: http://market.android.com/publish/signup

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

HTC/Nexus One Accessories UK store

Here's a bonus from one of those stories with the UK link for all Nexus One accessories. If people are still looking for the accessories, here they are, although the shipping times will be longer. HTC: Accessory store: Google Nexus One. This added icing to the cake on the developer phone info.:nexusx:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links