Shame we can't specify NEVER update app

This is a discussion on Shame we can't specify NEVER update app within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by Larry My problem app is twitter. I don't use it, can't delete it, but the update is very persistent. It sometimes gets ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shame we can't specify NEVER update app

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    My problem app is twitter. I don't use it, can't delete it, but the update is very persistent. It sometimes gets updated and I then go in and remove the updates. But I don't like that I can't delete the base program.
    I too want to but can't uninstall the official Twitter app. I think you're doing the wrong thing though by uninstall the updates to that app. If you want it to one day be uninstallable, you have to let it fix the problem it's got. I have Twitter on auto-update.
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

Chiming in, I haven't gotten a Twitter update - I have never used that app though and I have used Launcher Pro to hide that app in my app drawer.
    Maybe if you do a system wipe to out of the box and never use that app, you won't get update notifications??

Just a FYI - Not only have I never gotten a Twitter update, I never got the Twitter app. Always used Twicca. Got Froyo, but not the Twitter app. Don't want it either.

After responding to this, I discovered that using AppBrain I can instruct it to never update. I don't do Twitter, updates take up memory that I covet.

I don't do "market" any more, like the AppBrain much better for adding apps. Includes excellent ratings and evaluations, grays out problem apps.
    :nexusx: Serious Android Fan :nexusx:

Don't see anything in a newer phone that gives me a temptation to leave my Nexus One!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links