GPS outside U.S.?

This is a discussion on GPS outside U.S.? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hello all I bought my Nexus One in the U.S. and when I brought to Brazil, the option to buy apps and the Google Navigation ...

Thread: GPS outside U.S.?

GPS outside U.S.?

Hello all

I bought my Nexus One in the U.S. and when I brought to Brazil, the option to buy apps and the Google Navigation were disabled.

Is there any way to update the GPS Map so I can use the GPS on my Nexus One even though I am out U.S.?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Hey, google navigation is only enabled in certain countries, as is buying paid apps, you'll have to just wait till google enables them both in Brazil.

Otherwise, if you really want to buy paid apps, you can get and american sim card and put it in your nexus one, then use wifi to access the app market and you should be able to buy paid apps.

Then I guess you could buy another application that could do navigation.

Quote Originally Posted by tcobu View Post
    Hello all

I bought my Nexus One in the U.S. and when I brought to Brazil, the option to buy apps and the Google Navigation were disabled.

Is there any way to update the GPS Map so I can use the GPS on my Nexus One even though I am out U.S.?
    Even though Navigation is not available... Maps work (with google lab layers)

Your GPS is active.. Check you Digital GPS / Compass App
    BUT
    You'll need a mobile data ( gprs/edge/3g) connection... to use your map as a navigator

or you can sit near a wifi hot spot and locate yourself through the google map App... and plan your route prior to moving

Enjoy your trip!

They say google is going to lauch N1 soon in Brazil. I hope it is true, so I can access GPS Navigation and apps store from here.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links