Problem with 32GB SD card in Nexus One

This is a discussion on Problem with 32GB SD card in Nexus One within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Apologies if this has been posted already, I searched but didn't find anyone with my specific issue. Anyway, I knew that there was like a ...

Thread: Problem with 32GB SD card in Nexus One

Problem with 32GB SD card in Nexus One

Apologies if this has been posted already, I searched but didn't find anyone with my specific issue.

Anyway, I knew that there was like a 90% chance of it being a hoax, but I took my chances and bought a 32GB SD card off someone on eBay with a great rating, for a good price.

In my computer, the SD card worked fine. I transferred all the music and files that I had on my 16GB card (though I did notice that the transfer moved a lot slower onto the 32GB card than it did onto the 16GB card... which I expected since my 16GB is a class 4) but it worked so I didn't care. The problem started when I used the card in my phone (after I ::safely:: unplugged it from the computer). After a few minutes it errored out saying that I had a damaged SD card and needed to reformat. A days work, gone. I reformatted and kept the card in my phone. It worked for about a day then started acting weird. Freezing a lot, and it got to a point where as soon as the phone would load it would reboot, over and over again. Worked fine once I took the card out.

Now you'd think that it was a damaged SD card, yes? The weird thing is that I have also had 2 different 14GB cards. One worked fine, and the other had this very same issue as the 32GB, though not as severe. It would tell me I had a damaged card like once every few weeks and work fine otherwise. Ugh.

Anyone else have this problem? It's frustrating as I use my phone as an mp3 player these days and have finally phased out my iPod.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Take a look at this thread:

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...nexus-one.html

If you bought the card from ebay seller grandtechdigital, ask for a refund and then once you get it, you can give him negative feedback. He blames his suppliers, but he keeps selling them.

Thanks, but I've seen that thread, and that's not the problem I am experiencing.

The card is 32GB, not a 8GB in 32GB's clothing. It works fine in my computer, just not my phone.

Also, different eBay seller.

That's what happened to me. They APPEAR to be 32gb cards in your computer. If you download the program h2testw and run it against your SD card, I bet you'll find out it's really a 2 gb card.

Quote Originally Posted by ibcradio View Post
    That's what happened to me. They APPEAR to be 32gb cards in your computer. If you download the program h2testw and run it against your SD card, I bet you'll find out it's really a 2 gb card.
    As I said, that's not the problem. The card holds 32GB of data, it just makes my phone freeze and reboot over and over again (as another 16GB card has also done).

To verify I downloaded the program and checked my card, said there "may be issues" but that there were indeed 32GB available. Still not sure what to do.

I am having similar problems going from 8gb to 16 I transfered everything off of my old card and then installed in phone. then I get an adw launcher error then phone freezes up and i have to reboot. I am running cm6 and when I put the 8gig back in with the exact same info on it it works fine what gives

I am having the same problem with my eBay bought 32GB micro SD card, my entire phone crashed yesterday when I dumped a ton of music on it. I also have a 32GB memory card, I tested it with your h2testw program so let's get past the "maybe it's not a 32GB memory card" please Mine especially keeps freezing when I deal with pictures in my gallery, my ASTRO program, and sometimes with music. I have "Force Closed" about 100 times (on about 30 different programs) in the last 24 hours. I'm about to put a stick of dynamite on top of my micro SD card and enjoy the fireworks haha. It won't save my pics, and when I try to retrieve them it'll freeze and I have to take the damn battery out. I did a hard reset this morning and I am still having the problem. I actually got screwed out of my homework assignment which involved taking pictures of a mountain by my school. I took the pics yesterday and tried retrieving them and my phone crashed. I just got the message today that I need to format my SD card because it is reporting errors. It's those damn Asians that are making crappy SD cards and shipping them off to us. I just bought a car charger for my Nexus and it broke within 5 days of using it. That's two things they've messed up and how simple are these two things? Haha, I guess the moral of the story is don't buy things that are made in China or close to it! I'd love to find out if this problem gets fixed but I'm afraid the only way to fix it will be to buy a new SD card. Hopefully there are more options though...

Here's my guess

incompatibility

could your card be an SDXC as opposed to an SDHC or a Simple SD?
    plus what are the read/write speeds/class?

If you're asking me, I have not checked all the specs on mine. But I have had it in there for a month so it seems weird that it would be all of a sudden incompatible. I just assume it's a crappy SD card. I will look as soon as I get the chance.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links