no final Flash 10.1 for Nexus One?

This is a discussion on no final Flash 10.1 for Nexus One? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; And btw I'm pretty sure N1 OTAs get pushed by google. Not HTC. This is Google's Baby...you think they are going to leave a decision ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: no final Flash 10.1 for Nexus One?

And btw I'm pretty sure N1 OTAs get pushed by google. Not HTC. This is Google's Baby...you think they are going to leave a decision like that up to HTC?
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    And btw I'm pretty sure N1 OTAs get pushed by google. Not HTC. This is Google's Baby...you think they are going to leave a decision like that up to HTC?
    Correct...HTC does not 'cook' for the Nexus. We have the 'Google Experience'...and I'm thankful every day for that fact.

I'm also amused with the notion of 'beta' vs. gold...I ran GMail for years while still in 'beta'...is the OP having problems with Flash 10 beta?

"Already one of the top free apps on Android™ Market today, Flash Player 10.1 will be available as a final production release for smart phones and tablets once users are able to upgrade to Android 2.2 “Froyo.” Devices supporting “Froyo” and Flash Player 10.1 are expected to include the Dell Streak, Google Nexus One, HTC Evo, HTC Desire, HTC Incredible, DROID by Motorola, Motorola Milestone, Samsung Galaxy S and others. Flash Player 10.1 was also released to mobile platform partners to be supported on devices based on Android, BlackBerry, webOS, future versions of Windows® Phone, LiMo, MeeGo and Symbian OS, and is expected to be made available via over-the-air downloads and to be pre-installed on smart phones, tablets and other devices in the coming months.
    I DID read it. It says "will be available as a final production release for smart phones and tablets once users are able to upgrade to Android 2.2 “Froyo.”" Ok. I've been there for seven weeks now. Where's my 10.1 final?

It says "Devices supporting “Froyo” and Flash Player 10.1 are expected to include the Dell Streak, Google Nexus One". I have no doubt my Nexus One supports it today. But supporting it and actually being able to get it are, apparently as of today, still different things.

Finally, it says "is expected to be made available via over-the-air downloads and to be pre-installed on smart phones". I might read that to suggest that Market downloads direct by the user aren't in the cards. You might think of Market distribution as over-the-air download. That could be what they mean. OTOH, Adobe might prefer having the OEMs bake it in to allow Adobe a layer of insulation from dreaded end users. It would be hard to blame them.

As to other post re. who cooks the code for Nexus One, yes, that's my point. Google exclusively cooks the code for Nexus One. IF Adobe's model for Flash on Android distribution on smartphones going forward is via OEM firmware, for the Nexus One this implies Google baking it in the 'Google Experience'.

Maybe it will show up in the Market at some point. I'm just reading what I read and not seeing any clear committment to distribute it that way.

Am I having problems with the Beta? Well, I have crashed the phone with it several times and I'd of course like better perfromance for less amp hours. My experience in general with Adobe code is that the nth real release version of any of their code is buggy and insecure. I'd just as soon get any Adobe "Beta" off any system of mine at the earliest opportunity.

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    10.1 built-in. The version of Adobe Flash that is in the Android Market for the Nexus One, 10.1 Beta 3, will be updated to the non-beta version soon. Adobe also noted that some other smartphone operating systems will also get 10.1 soon, though it didn't specify which platforms it was referring to. Adobe's official statement follows
    /conversation
    Androidfied.

hate to say I told ya so...
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Right on Slim,
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Burn!!!!!!
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

It is out now!!!

Of course the Nexus One wont be able to do Final Flash! Let Vegeta do it! LOL sorry had to say it...

hate to say I told ya so...
    If it works for you…

I was just here asking the question based on available info.

Glad to see it's in the Market. Onward ho!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links