no final Flash 10.1 for Nexus One?

This is a discussion on no final Flash 10.1 for Nexus One? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Did I follow this right? The phone that first "enabled" Flash on Android can't get any newer version than 10.1 BETA 3? I.e., there is ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: no final Flash 10.1 for Nexus One?

no final Flash 10.1 for Nexus One?

Did I follow this right? The phone that first "enabled" Flash on Android can't get any newer version than 10.1 BETA 3? I.e., there is no way to get the final release 10.1 for a Nexus One?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Not sure, but my beta works perfectly.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Where did you get this info from?

Hogwash I tell ya
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

snarky reply: It's supposedly been done since June 22nd. Have you found out where to download it?

I was looking for it last night, came up empty. Then I went researching and found 06222010FlashPlayerAvailability. That seems pretty tepid on direct Market or download availability by end users and pretty high on manufacturers cooking it into firmware release. (It seems unlikely google will do this for the Nx1 since it's "stock android" not "manufacturer custom".) I also found this Why Adobe might fail with Flash 10.1 on Android @ JustinLee.sg (read final para).

But then I find this new overnight: Motorola DROID 2 first smartphone with final Flash 10.1 built-in, 10.1 coming to other platforms soon.

I seriously doubt they would put out flash on these other phones but not the Official Dev Phone. Unless it comes straight from adobe...its Hogwash IMO
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

I surely don't know. I came here wondering.

But your pronoun "they" has no antecedant. Adobe? Near as I can tell, "they" haven't put 10.1 Final on ANYTHING mobile yet, despite their June 22 announcement. OTOH, there *have* been announcements about Droid2 coming with it BAKED IN by Motorola. "They" apparently are taking responsibility to distribute it as part of the ROM.

that's because its still in BETA. And by they I meant Google. Nice vocab ya got there. Somehow I doubt any phone will see official flash 10.1 before the N1. That's purely my opinion. Flame me if you want.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

I'm not interested in flaming anybody but I do wonder if you've read what I've posted. You say it's still in Beta. Adobe says Flash 10.1 for Mobile has been final since 6/22. The fact that Beta 3 is all that is available in the Market and/or via getflash, despite Adobe's 6/22 announcement that 10.1 for Android is done, is exactly why I'm here asking. If I'd looked last night and found 10.1 final for my Nexus One anywhere, I wouldn't have posted.

You say you doubt if Google would put Flash on these other phones but not on the Official Dev Phone. I'm wondering about that since the signs I referred to above suggest that it's not up to Google to put it on all those other phones, but is, by Adobe design, up to the hardware OEMs as a vendor customization not as part of core Android functionality. In the case of the Nexus One, that leaves HTC doing it--when HTC has previously had apparently next to nothing to do with Nexus One firmware--or Google baking it into the "stock Android" firmware they have HTC put on the Nexus One and pushing it OTA to existing phones. Or Adobe makes it available directly to end users via the Market or otherwise.

What I found this morning suggest that the latter will happen at some point. Maybe that's true. Which do you think is going to happen? Why do you think that?

Look what it says in the article you provided

"Already one of the top free apps on Android™ Market today, Flash Player 10.1 will be available as a final production release for smart phones and tablets once users are able to upgrade to Android 2.2 “Froyo.” Devices supporting “Froyo” and Flash Player 10.1 are expected to include the Dell Streak, Google Nexus One, HTC Evo, HTC Desire, HTC Incredible, DROID by Motorola, Motorola Milestone, Samsung Galaxy S and others. Flash Player 10.1 was also released to mobile platform partners to be supported on devices based on Android, BlackBerry, webOS, future versions of Windows® Phone, LiMo, MeeGo and Symbian OS, and is expected to be made available via over-the-air downloads and to be pre-installed on smart phones, tablets and other devices in the coming months.

It says N1 in there with the other phones expected to get it. Maybe we will all get it at the same time. That would make sense to me. Just have to wait for other phones to catch up to us N1 users.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links