Has anyone tried T-Mobile's Data Only Phone plan?

This is a discussion on Has anyone tried T-Mobile's Data Only Phone plan? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I recently switched from T-Mobile's Even More Plus Unlimited plan to Simple Mobile's Unlimited plan for $60. I haven't noticed any speed difference. What I ...

Thread: Has anyone tried T-Mobile's Data Only Phone plan?

Has anyone tried T-Mobile's Data Only Phone plan?

I recently switched from T-Mobile's Even More Plus Unlimited plan to Simple Mobile's Unlimited plan for $60. I haven't noticed any speed difference. What I have noticed is that according to Simple Mobile, I've only used 72 minutes of talk & all the rest of my usage is data. I know that the 72 minutes of talk is mostly from calling Simple Mobile's tech support and when I accidentally turned off Google Voice. So my question. Can I get really cheap and use T-Mobile's Unlimited Internet & Email smart phone plan coupled with Google Voice and drop my voice part completely? Has anyone tried this? Apparently, T-Mobile gives you a phone # with the plan. Just a thought. The Internet/Email plan is $40 a month. The link to the plan is below:
    T-Mobile SmartPhone Unlimited Plan

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I didn't know that google voice was a VOIP client, I have never tried making calls with it.

But I used to have that kind of data and texting/mms only plan with my Sidekick when I was 18 and first got my own cell phone contract, so I don't see why it wouldn't work. Let us know if anything develops!

How would you make Google Voice work on a data plan only without using a phone number to forward calls to?

I f you have Gizmo or some SIP agent, yes you can do it.

like others said, google voice is not a voip. Plus T mobile 3g coverage isn't that broad(and you'll mostly get edge when you are inside) so if you are going to use voip relying on 3g then you will be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by uheenada View Post
    like others said, google voice is not a voip. Plus T mobile 3g coverage isn't that broad(and you'll mostly get edge when you are inside) so if you are going to use voip relying on 3g then you will be disappointed.
    What a load of crap. I get 3g inside everywhere but in the mall or big box stores. Plus a voip works fine over wifi if you want to get a voip.

Quote Originally Posted by dudewithaplan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by uheenada View Post
    What a load of crap. I get 3g inside everywhere but in the mall or big box stores. Plus a voip works fine over wifi if you want to get a voip.
    Where are you located? It all depends on where you live. And it's a FACT that t mobile has a horrible 3g coverage. Then why would there so many people with threads asking how to force 3g on N1 so N1 doesn't connect to Edge when they are at boarder line of 3g and Edge?

Also how inconvenient would it be to locate free wifi when you need to make a call but you are on edge? Most free wifi networks aren't that fast either.

Place I visit every month due to work and to see my family:
    Phoenix AZ, Atlanta GA, Charlotte NC, Greenville SC
    THose are big cities and have horrible 3g coverages.

Sweet Home Chicago..

I live in Chicago, I get pretty good 3G service, not an issue here for me to have Data Only Phone!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links