What Has Your Nexus Done For You Lately

This is a discussion on What Has Your Nexus Done For You Lately within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Yes I have to agree that Google Nav is a great resourceful tool. Especially with Street View to see upcoming turns and located if avail. ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What Has Your Nexus Done For You Lately

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Yes I have to agree that Google Nav is a great resourceful tool. Especially with Street View to see upcoming turns and located if avail. That is one of the best things I live about how Navigation is integrated with Maps and Street View.

Big Ups to Google.
    Androidfied.

I retract my previous statement and replace it with the following:

I haven't watched the Leafs play hockey since APRIL! But I was able to stream the entire 1st game of the rookie tournament, Leafs vs. Blackhawks, on my N1. On a single battery charge too! That's all in browser flash to boot. PS: LEAFS WON!

Best. Phone. Ever.

i had to make a 3 piece 90 degree turn out of a piece of duct work for an air conditioning system.

i got my phone out and did a google search, downloaded some PDF file that told me the angle i needed to make several cuts at. then i used the bubble level app to actually measure and mark that angle against duct. it all worked out great. the piece i made came out perfect.

the piece i made before using my phone to search for instructions and use as a tool,came out looking like crap after several attempts.

Today a Coworker needed to know a few conversions from millimeters to inches, so I grabbed n1 and did a voice search for the conversion... worked like a charm.

Plasma Riffled from my N1 using tapatalk.

Sat with my girlfriend after dinner on the rooftop, with Skymap of course. God I love google.
    This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.

it helps me keep in touch with my fiancee while I'm away from home, and that's the best part of having it.

(i'm so lame)

but it also gives me scores of my favorite EPL team since I can't always watch them in the States, it serves as my mp3 player, my own little weather center, I read the Scott Pilgrim series with the ACV app, all sorts of stuff.

plus, for some reason, I get a lot of joy out of nothing but shifting through the homescreens, it looks beautiful.

=)

I'm not a heavy user (also this is my first REAL smartphone), but it is noticeable that my Nexus has made life easier.

1) I Google calendar. I'd probably missed heaps of assessments if it wasn't for that. The fact that it lays out my tasks in order helps me priortise them too!

2) I never had a habit in reading REAL newspapers, but I've downloaded the New york times app and have developed a habit of reading all the section I like on a daily basis (sometimes games are boring...) HA! I feel sophisticated :rofl3:

3) One time our suburb blacked out, i instantly reached for my phone and managed to light up the house so that we didn't walk into anything

4) I've often just used my phone to search something up quickly rather than walking over to my desktop
    Galaxy Nexus? I like Nexus prime more. Even the code name "Maguro" seemed cooler.

Yesterday I raced my mom on her computer and me on my nexus to get movie show times... I won!

Plasma Riffled from my N1 using tapatalk.

I need a calculator at work? Get out the N1.
    Need to see if I've managed to accidentally mark my face with a pen... again? N1 screen is nice and reflective when off. (For the record, I am a guy. I prefer not to look like an idiot with pen marks on his face, though)
    Directions to some part of town I don't know? N1 helps me there since my Garmin only really comes out on long trips.
    Quick google search to help my boss? N1 to the rescue.

I could go on and on.
    ATT N1 Arrived - 5-18-2010
    Rooted - 7/4/2010

Running:
    Froyo FRF91 w/ root

I was in doing some errand around town yesterday (Halo Reach) and I wanted to picking up some seafood for my girlfriends family. I really wanted fresh seafood and you can't always be sure at grocery stores. I googled fresh seafood and found a local market just a mile or so away and got some great clam steamers and Sockeye Salmon. The food was a hit. Great market I think I'll visit there again. (I'm thinking King Crab Legs!)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links