What Has Your Nexus Done For You Lately

This is a discussion on What Has Your Nexus Done For You Lately within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by jonno2k Originally Posted by deel i havent used the tethering option and have a vague idea of what it means. could someone ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What Has Your Nexus Done For You Lately

Quote Originally Posted by jonno2k View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by deel View Post
    i havent used the tethering option and have a vague idea of what it means. could someone explain this? does this mean you turn your phone into a hotspot, which uses the data plan. then you use your laptop to connect to the nexus and surf the internet?
    That's exactly it. Your computer will see a wifi access point, which is the phone. The phone uses the cell network to connect your wifi devices - very slick! I found it did use a fair bit of juice though with both the cell and wifi radios pumping away simultaneously.

thanks! gotta try it sometime

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Well, I chrome to phone the link to the Lesnar / Velasquez fight and pulled it up streaming on my Nexus

Androidfied.

A gorgeous girl called me and I couldn't speak to her since my mic was not working again, all she heard was nothing but could tell someone picked up. By the time I restarted the phone she didn't answer back. Thanks N1

this has been happening alot, i dont know if its froyo or my phone is crapping out, im slowly starting to dislike my phone more every day

Have you taken any steps to fix this issue? Like a Factory Data Reset?

Is your phone Rooted?
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Ya that's definitely not normal. That's got to be one of the biggest frustrations in dealing with smartphones from a manufacturer perspective - when rogue apps mess things up and make the phone look bad. I have no idea if that's the case here or if you have a real hardware problem. But I would try Slim's advice first... and maybe remove apps you installed before the problem showed up.

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    Have you taken any steps to fix this issue? Like a Factory Data Reset?

Is your phone Rooted?
    Nope, it's not rooted and I haven't done anything to fix it since it's only happened a couple times. My phone will also freeze every so often, perhaps a hard reset is in order...

thanks to my N1 and Sipdroid + SipGate + Google Voice, I was able to place FREE phone calls from my country to the US and Canada whereas if I would have placed those calls from my phone line I would have end up paying the top $.

Also, the tethering allowed me o give access to my sister's stupid unlocked iphone 4 to the internet to download angry birds, which you have to pay for on the app store but you get it for free on the android market. By the way, I still prefer an android 2.2 phone over any iphone.

Well, After I got married, we moved into a new apartment. We had no cable and no internet. We got a 55" TV and a blue ray player as a wedding gift. Good thing the blueray had wifi and netflix. I used my N1 has a wireless hot spot to watch a movie without any glitch or delay. I never thought I would use a phone to watch a movie on a big screen TV. Thank you N1!

BTW the battery got hot as hell
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Congratulations on the wedding, Slayer!

Thanks WERA!
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links