What Has Your Nexus Done For You Lately

This is a discussion on What Has Your Nexus Done For You Lately within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; So Friday I decided to install my speakers in my car since I got the speaker mounts in and didn't want to do it Saturday ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What Has Your Nexus Done For You Lately

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar

What Has Your Nexus Done For You Lately

So Friday I decided to install my speakers in my car since I got the speaker mounts in and didn't want to do it Saturday since I had things to do. So I need to figure out how to take the door panel off

:nexusx: Google searched taking panel off door.

So after I figured out how to take it off I needed to drill holes in the frame for the mount. Not so easy doing 9 at night.

:nexusx: Actived TeslaLED Flashlight to see where to drill.

Called it a night. Hard work was done. Next morning and needed to strip the wires and needed to know which colors were positive and negative

:nexusx: Google Postive wire for car speakers

Aww yes. And of course as I finished up my work, I took a couple of shots for facebook.

Just one of the many uses I have used this phone for.
    Androidfied.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    So I decided not to make another thread and just will use this for all my what did my nexus do for me moments.

So today my Nexus One made me proud. I was at Radio Shack having to buy a bs land line phone to test my phone line since the heavy rains messed up the line, but not my DSL. Go figure right? This is a whole other story.

So anyway I'm at the counter and put my Nexus down to get my Cash Card. The clerk immediately notice and asked if that was a Nexus. Proudly I said yes. He then asked how I liked it. I told him I loved it since I had back in April. He then kinda hesitated and then asked how did I like it compared to the iPhone 4. I said I'm a little bias but I think it's way better than iPhone. I then told I had it rooted and could do so many more things on this phone that the iPhone can't. He kinda stood there dumbfounded. I didn't know if was annoyed by my answer or envious of my phone. I only wish I had the trackball blinking colors so he could see it that going off too.

Yes. My nexus made me proud to own it today.
    Androidfied.

MicDroid allows me to annoy all my friends by sending them auto tuned messages and that's alright with me.

Last month, we went on a road trip and my niece has a ipod touch. While traveling, I had my N1 used as a hotspot for her itouch so she can update her facebook status while on the go! haha I thought that was neat!

Quote Originally Posted by blackstar View Post
    Last month, we went on a road trip and my niece has a ipod touch. While traveling, I had my N1 used as a hotspot for her itouch so she can update her facebook status while on the go! haha I thought that was neat!
    a week ago, at my parents house; the internet connection was down and my dad and both of my sisters were having a hard time dealing with no connectivity in the house. so I used my phone as a hotspot and gave internet access to my dads and sisters laptop and my lil sis's ipod touch.

Personally, I LOVE the navigation of the Nexus One. It took me to Cedar Point and back like it was its job. Humorously, I prefer my Nexus One over my Garmin.

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Sheanzy View Post
    Personally, I LOVE the navigation of the Nexus One. It took me to Cedar Point and back like it was its job. Humorously, I prefer my Nexus One over my Garmin.
    .... I'm speechless. I also prefer my Nexus One over my Garmin!
    I'm just wondering if Google will ever start charging customers for this service once it's out of beta...

My Garmin was stolen prior to me buying my N1. I was planning on buying a new one but then i received my N1 and found the navigation to be awesome so i never gave Garmin a second thought.
    I personally doubt that Google will ever charge for Google maps. They are all about free.

I agree that Google Nav (free on all Android phones) is absolutely the best.

My N1 is in a holder clipped to the dash in my convertible Corvette. Google Nav will BT through my Bose 7.1 speakers. I usually play MP3s from my N1, also BT'd through my sound system. The music volume will automatically diminish when the turn-by-turn voice speaks, then come back up to the previous volume setting. This also happens when I get a text alert, email alert or when the phone rings. While on a call, the music plays low in the background while I talk using my BT head-set. I can also turn on the phone's speaker setting, and the callers voice will come through the car's sound system.

I live in the US but am currently on business in England. I stopped in to a local Bristol T-Mobile store and for 15 pounds picked up a sim card with a local UK number, 10 pounds of calling credits (20 pence/minute calling back to the states) and unlimited internet for the week.

I loaded up the new Google Maps with walking directions and used it as my tour guide to visit some ancient cathedrals and other sites in the area.

Having unlimited internet also gave me something to do on the bus / train rides down to Eastbourne.

With Google Voice people back home can call that number and leave me messages which will then be downloaded to the phone so I can listen to them (I REALLY need to take the time to get sipdroid set up to forward calls).

At any rate, it's been the most valuable thing on this trip!!!!!!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links