Sluggish performance on Nexus One

This is a discussion on Sluggish performance on Nexus One within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; So today, my girlfriend dragged me to a store to ask me to try the HTC Legend. She was convinced that it was faster than ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sluggish performance on Nexus One

Sluggish performance on Nexus One

So today, my girlfriend dragged me to a store to ask me to try the HTC Legend. She was convinced that it was faster than the Nexus One she was using based on her informal comparisons with her friend's Legend. I tried to convince her otherwise since the Legend has a slower processor, less RAM, and running Android 2.1.

However, when I did get to play around with the Legend, I noticed it was a lot faster and snappier than the Nexus One running 2.2. I was really baffled by this and kept on comparing the headsets back and forth in the store. Sure enough, the HTC Legend was a lot more responsive than the Nexus One.

Anyone have any explanations?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by GlorytheWiz825 View Post
    So today, my girlfriend dragged me to a store to ask me to try the HTC Legend. She was convinced that it was faster than the Nexus One she was using based on her informal comparisons with her friend's Legend. I tried to convince her otherwise since the Legend has a slower processor, less RAM, and running Android 2.1.

However, when I did get to play around with the Legend, I noticed it was a lot faster and snappier than the Nexus One running 2.2. I was really baffled by this and kept on comparing the headsets back and forth in the store. Sure enough, the HTC Legend was a lot more responsive than the Nexus One.

Anyone have any explanations on the reason?
    Placebo Effect? Apps on your N1 that degrade Performance? I have yet to see a 2.1 phone in person that outperforms the N1 on 2.2
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post

Anyone have any explanations on the reason?
    Placebo Effect? Apps on your N1 that degrade Performance? I have yet to see a 2.1 phone in person that outperforms the N1 on 2.2
    It really wasn't a placebo effect. I had them side by side comparing the responsiveness of the UI. To be sure, I did a power cycle of the Nexus One to make sure there were no resource intensive apps running in the background.

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    More apps takes up more resources no matter how many times you turn it off and on. But even with the appearance of faster performance, the Benchmarck test has always showed the N1 to out perform.

IMO I still have yet to met anything running a faster UI than Stock N1, although LPP is the truth.

I never compare a raw store phone to my N1 cause it's not loaded with the amount of BG services and apps, the way my N1 is being used.
    Androidfied.

Yep, this Legend was not signed in to an account, and had none of the trappings associated with an 'in-use' phone. Try a factory reset of your N1, and don't sign in, to get a fair comparison.

We ended up buying the last Legend they had at the store. Took it home and played around with it for a good 3-4 hours. Set up all the mail accounts and have pretty much the same apps as the Nexus One. My conclusion remains that the Legend has a snappier and more responsive UI than the Nexus One. Perhaps I have a defective Nexus One unit?

However, the Legend isn't all roses either. The battery life is abysmal and barely lasts 5-6 hours. The Nexus One, under the same usage conditions, lasts about 2-3 hours longer. Now we're considering taking back the Legend for a refund. -_-;

We ended up buying the last Legend they had at the store. Took it home and played around with it for a good 3-4 hours. Set up all the mail accounts and have pretty much the same apps as the Nexus One. My conclusion remains that the Legend has a snappier and more responsive UI than the Nexus One. Perhaps I have a defective Nexus One unit?

However, the Legend isn't all roses either. The battery life is abysmal and barely lasts 5-6 hours. The Nexus One, under the same usage conditions, lasts about 2-3 hours longer. Now we're considering taking back the Legend for a refund. -_-;
    Funny that its only running a 600MHz Processor. That alone makes me think Something is not right.

HTC - Products - HTC Legend - Specification
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Funny that its only running a 600MHz Processor. That alone makes me think Something is not right.

"Plain and simple, the Legend is
    the most well-built phone I've ever had in my hand.” Kat Hannaford, Gizmodo

"Plain and simple, Kat Hannaford of Gizmodo needs to get a Nexus One in hand."
    Beer Goggles, Nexus One Forum

600 MHz and a slower OS! It makes no sense to me either.

I thought my girlfriend was telling me nonsense until I actually had the Legend side by side with the Nexus One to compare. I'm really curious to see if there are any Legend owners on this forum to share their experiences between the phones?

My N1 OC'd and CM6'd up Would Eat that Legend in 1 Bite
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links