Phone not charging properly

This is a discussion on Phone not charging properly within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I just noticed that when I plug the usb charger into my phone, it will not start recharging until the battery is 89% or below. ...

Thread: Phone not charging properly

Phone not charging properly

I just noticed that when I plug the usb charger into my phone, it will not start recharging until the battery is 89% or below. When it's above 89%, the green charge light will come on, and the Battery Status page it will say "Full;" however, the battery will still decrease until it reaches 89%.

I also notice that the phone will sometimes charge up to ~99% and then stop.

Is this normal?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I've noticed on my phone that the last 10% (90-100) takes much longer than any other 10% increment charge but I've never had my phone completely stop charging at 90%.

Junior Member Nick Found Gloryx's Avatar
    I had (occasionally still have) this same problem. I called HTC a while back, and they said that its a problem they've noticed from handsets that have been flashed to an update. I take the battery out for about a minute then restart and charge.

Hmmm strange....the problem just fixed itself. I just waited till the battery discharged to 89% then plugged it in. Now it's back at 100%.

Junior Member Nick Found Gloryx's Avatar
    yea that happened too. today it stopped at 99%. lol

Same problem here

I just noticed that I'm having the same behavior after my phone started getting to the point where it won't even last 10 hours on a charge. I leave my phone on the charger every night and used to go 2 full days before shutting down.

Factory reset didn't fix it either, but charging it up with the phone turned off, did.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    I just noticed that I'm having the same behavior after my phone started getting to the point where it won't even last 10 hours on a charge. I leave my phone on the charger every night and used to go 2 full days before shutting down.

Factory reset didn't fix it either, but charging it up with the phone turned off, did.

Ya I also noticed that charging it off fixís the problem. I just would like to know why? I know that charging anything when its off is faster because itís not using power while its charging but why does the last 10% charge at normal speed only when itís off?

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links