Forced into iphone 4. C'mon N1 users give me a piece of your mind!!

This is a discussion on Forced into iphone 4. C'mon N1 users give me a piece of your mind!! within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Ok, I am a very happy N1 owner. Yesterday I was informed by my employer that we will be switching from Palm Treos to the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forced into iphone 4. C'mon N1 users give me a piece of your mind!!

Forced into iphone 4. C'mon N1 users give me a piece of your mind!!

Ok,

I am a very happy N1 owner. Yesterday I was informed by my employer that we will be switching from Palm Treos to the iphone 4(My beloved N1 is my personal phone). Now I tried my best to see if our work software will run on Android but no dice. We will have 500mins of voice and the unlimited data on the iphone paid for by my employer. So...... should I cancel my $25 data with t-mobile? I still plan on using the N1 but will the iphone pull me over to the dark side?? Should I be excited about this? I feel like a traitor!! Somebody save me!!!!!!!:iphone:

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quit!
    It's tough when your employer effectively pushes that on you. Most coworkers at my place have iphones but there's a growing movement among the power users to dump it next cycle simply because there are more hardware options(read: cheaper) and the dictatorial apple mentality is becoming problematic. A tech guy wanted to write an application for company use and found out he not only had to register as a developer, but had to get it approved by apple - no side loading unless they jailbreak and they won't do that. He couldn't believe that something intended for a closed audience needed a nod from the hardware manufacturer.

I explained the equivalent scenario on android and he nearly cried. Then I showed him widgets and he started to sob. It was exactly the sort of technology he was looking for but wasn't there in iOS.

So while I'm lucky enough that I can use my N1 for work and they pay for it, if you can hang in there and keep making a calm, professional case for Android, you can be a hero! I

DT

That was an excellent and inspiring post DTHOR
    Nexus One :nexusx: FINALY rooted without ending up like this

Got CM7 installed too!

Yeah I agree with DThor..

BUT! Unless you can't switch and are FORCED to use the iPhone with your work stuff, I would do this:

Use your iPhone as your work cell for work calls/email, maybe as your iPod too?
    Then cancel your N1 internet plan. Then jailbreak the iPhone and get an app that makes it able to use it as a WiFi hotspot (even tho FroYo has it built-in ) and use the N1 with your iPhone's unlimited internet connection.

That way, since your company is paying for the internet on the iPhone, you could at least save some money while you slowly convince your coworkers to go on strike until your company switches to android! :D

Quote Originally Posted by wannagotopopeyes View Post
    Yeah I agree with DThor..

BUT! Unless you can't switch and are FORCED to use the iPhone with your work stuff, I would do this:

Use your iPhone as your work cell for work calls/email, maybe as your iPod too?
    Then cancel your N1 internet plan. Then jailbreak the iPhone and get an app that makes it able to use it as a WiFi hotspot (even tho FroYo has it built-in ) and use the N1 with your iPhone's unlimited internet connection.

That way, since your company is paying for the internet on the iPhone, you could at least save some money while you slowly convince your coworkers to go on strike until your company switches to android! :D
    Nice plan, but can't he get in trouble jailbreaking the phone?
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Nope. It was actually declared 100% legal to jailbreak any kinda apple thing. Unless his company goes ape **** about it or something.. But I dont see why they would, every thing can be uninstalled with the software it doesnt affect the hardware of the phone so whats the harm?

Of course it'd be much easier just to tell his boss to stop being a ***** and get android already

@wannago

Would it be advisable to jailbreak a work phone? Would the evil bosses know/find out?

I dont see why not, they can't get you for it.

I doubt they would even check, cause they would probably have to manually look through the phone... Even if they do check and say you cant do that then you can argue that its legal and can be reversed and restored through software in a matter of minutes.

Well, I would tread cautiously, just because one legal issue was passed on one level in the US, that does not translate into every company out there heartily endorsing jail breaking what is probably their property, or at least something they're covering the usage cost for. Yes, you could do it on the sly, but let's not get anyone in trouble here.
    Again, I firmly believe that a professional approach to the issue will make more of an impression in the long term. I honestly think Android makes more sense in a business environment than apple.

DT

You seem to forget that is voids the warranty. THAT is why the company (who owns the phone) will not allow it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links