N1 Fixed?!? WITH WARRENTY?!? BOOTLOADER UNLOCKED?

This is a discussion on N1 Fixed?!? WITH WARRENTY?!? BOOTLOADER UNLOCKED? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Okay, so today was probably an amazing but VERY SURPRISING DAY so now im asking for your opinions. Two weeks ago, my phone was damaged ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: N1 Fixed?!? WITH WARRENTY?!? BOOTLOADER UNLOCKED?

N1 Fixed?!? WITH WARRENTY?!? BOOTLOADER UNLOCKED?

Okay, so today was probably an amazing but VERY SURPRISING DAY so now im asking for your opinions. Two weeks ago, my phone was damaged by an application from the market and my phone was also ROOTED (meaning the bootloader was unlocked)

I was also just wondering how much the cost and that stuff. So yesterday, i gave HTC a call about the progress on my phone and they said they just have 2 more tests left and that if there is any problem like shipping fee or something, they would call. I thought today they were going to call about some repair fee since my phone was rooted but at 8:14AM, FedEx Express gave a call and said that my phone is coming at 3PM!

This means no repair fee or any fee! Repair was COMPLETELY FREE!

But this also wondered, MY PHONE WAS ROOTED! AND THERE WAS STILL WARRENTY ON IT? :rofl3:

If you would like to see the problems i had, here they are:

1. http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...ease-help.html
    2. http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...ttle-help.html

So :nexusx: users, WHAT DO YOU THINK? Leaving your interesting or creative comments in this section below

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I think if they determine the problem is in no way related to unlocking bootloader and you get a nice person they will repair/replace.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

There's been a few people with rooted phones that received warranty service. I don't think it's ever been made clear (from HTC or Google) whether they'll repair a rooted phone under warranty or not.

The only thing I know for sure is they don't cover the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    I think if they determine the problem is in no way related to unlocking bootloader and you get a nice person they will repair/replace.
    Well, maybe that is the answer. Google and HTC said that if the bootloader is unlocked, ur on your own. The problem was caused by an application downloaded from the market AND THATS IT. I didnt install no ROM or any of that, it was an application that i downloaded from the Market.

I just recieved my phone and let me say, HTC knows how to make a 7 month old phone look like it was not even used
    I will now start searching through the forums downloading the latest apps for my phone.

I would like to thank these people in the following process:

Here is an interesting fact also, the phone came back with Android 2.1 so i have to reinstall Froyo 2.2. Waiting for the battery to charge so i can install it since its not letting me due to low battery.

I really dont want a mod to close this thread yet, anyone else have opinions?

Glad I could help! This is good info for future reference
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastermrz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Well, maybe that is the answer. Google and HTC said that if the bootloader is unlocked, ur on your own. The problem was caused by an application downloaded from the market AND THATS IT. I didnt install no ROM or any of that, it was an application that i downloaded from the Market.

I just recieved my phone and let me say, HTC knows how to make a 7 month old phone look like it was not even used
    I will now start searching through the forums downloading the latest apps for my phone.

I would like to thank these people in the following process:

Here is an interesting fact also, the phone came back with Android 2.1 so i have to reinstall Froyo 2.2. Waiting for the battery to charge so i can install it since its not letting me due to low battery.

I really dont want a mod to close this thread yet, anyone else have opinions?
    You sure they didn't just send you a new phone?
    Androidfied.

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post

If they did, they would charge me.

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar

They only would have charged you if they sent you a new phone before you sent that one back in. I'm not saying it's not your phone, I would just check the serial number against your original phone to make sure they didn't send you a new one. I remember I sent in an Audiovox PPC4100 and it was over a month in a half and they sent me back a new one. Under warranty, but they never told me.

It happens.

Either way to your phone being fixed under warranty.
    Androidfied.

They only would have charged you if they sent you a new phone before you sent that one back in. I'm not saying it's not your phone, I would just check the serial number against your original phone to make sure they didn't send you a new one. I remember I sent in an Audiovox PPC4100 and it was over a month in a half and they sent me back a new one. Under warranty, but they never told me.

It happens.

Either way to your phone being fixed under warranty.
    Just updated to Android 2.2 and now downloading apps. Ill check that later and update this post when i find out!

Just checked LOL and YES! EXACT SAME PHONE!

HTC didnt replace anything, its all the same! =D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links