A week of fantastic customizations for the Nexus One

This is a discussion on A week of fantastic customizations for the Nexus One within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I just wanted to post about my experiences over the past week with the Nexus One. After using a one-click root program, that left my ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A week of fantastic customizations for the Nexus One

A week of fantastic customizations for the Nexus One

I just wanted to post about my experiences over the past week with the Nexus One.

After using a one-click root program, that left my bootloader (and warranty) completely intact, I have done the following things in the past few days:

1) installed Cyanogen's fantastic mod, giving me MANY customization options I never had before.

2) installed the Live Wallpapers that come with the Samsung Galaxy S phones.

3) installed the brand new Droid 2 multitouch keyboard. Better than the stock keyboard in many ways.

4) installed Korean Nexus One radio software. It more than doubled my 3G download speeds!

I avoided rooting for so long, saying "what is the real benefit to it?"
    I can tell you now:
    I can take some of the best things from other android phones and put them all onto this fantastic little device. Instead of it becoming some frankenstein combination of different software, it becomes a finely tuned, customized hot-rod of a phone.

I really can't say enough about my Nexus One at this point. When I bought it I had no clue it would be so customizable. This is the best phone I could have purchased.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I'm thinking really hard about using the one click root app on my nexus one. One of my concerns is getting things like the Droid 2 keyboard installed and the Korean radio software. Where do you find these and is difficult to install them on the phone? I'm by no means a tech expert but I do want to learn more about this stuff.

I have found many detailed forum postings both here and on cyanogens forum and on the xda developer forums explaining how to do everything. It was not hard but there was the chance of bricking the phone. Especially with the.radio update. I finally came to terms with my fear and desire and took the risk. I am happy I did.

My father has the same phone and he has elected to stay pure Froyo. But today he was gritting his teeth watching my download rate of 884kps to his 398 kps.

I'm thinking really hard about using the one click root app on my nexus one. One of my concerns is getting things like the Droid 2 keyboard installed and the Korean radio software. Where do you find these and is difficult to install them on the phone? I'm by no means a tech expert but I do want to learn more about this stuff.
    Gecko, you need to grow a set and root! =]... That being said, if you or anyone else is afraid to root/flash, don't hesitate to send me a msg on GTalk and ask for help.

I have posted detailed and simple instructions on how to use the Easy Root application. Included, I give you instructions on how to install/flash a custom ROM. It's painless and lessens the chance of bricking your phone.

-Root
    -Custom ROM
    -Insane speed
    -720p HD (excellent quality)
    -FULL customization

& way more features than I could even discuss. =).. Just follow my instructions in my thread: http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...tructions.html and msg me on GTalk if you need any help.

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

I can't figure out how to install the 1-Click. I've found it, downloaded it, even have located on the SD Card, but can't find info on installing it.
    :nexusx: Serious Android Fan :nexusx:

Don't see anything in a newer phone that gives me a temptation to leave my Nexus One!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    I can't figure out how to install the 1-Click. I've found it, downloaded it, even have located on the SD Card, but can't find info on installing it.
    If you downloaded the Easy Root app from my instruction page, just drag the .APK file over onto your SDcard.

Once you do that, go to the Market and download appInstaller. Open that application and it will locate the APK and install it for you. Most file managing applications also have the ability to install .APK files if you can locate them.

Easiest way is to install appInstaller and make it simple.

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

*Follow me on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by jdallac View Post

3) installed the brand new Droid 2 multitouch keyboard. Better than the stock keyboard in many ways.
    What? How? Where?? Is it just like installing the HTC keyboard where you download the file and open it with ApkInstaller?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_808 View Post

What? How? Where?? Is it just like installing the HTC keyboard where you download the file and open it with ApkInstaller?
    http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...-to-nexus-one/
    or
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=709519
    There you go. =)

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

*Follow me on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Sheanzy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_808 View Post

Droid X Keyboard Ported To Nexus One | xda-developers
    or
    [APP] Droid X Keyboard Port **HOLY CRAP ITS HERE!!1!** [updated 8/13] - xda-developers
    There you go. =)
    Thanks for the links. I'm kinda confused though. The lastest version (8/13/10) is an apk file. Does that mean I can install it using ApkInstaller from the market, or do I need to flash it like a mod?

I like jdallac took the plunge this week and performed the one step root method (thanks to all those who assisted me in that particular thread). A few days later I flashed CM6 RC3 (720p video included in the flash so no extra work for me....phew)

After much reading about and searching themes I successfully installed the "Prodigy Blue Theme" (CM6 RC3 version) found on the XDA forum site (many thanks and kudo's to "prodigy2007" for his hard work and awesome theme).

I tell you all out there still on the fence about rooting: Do it! You won't regret it! If I can (and I am about as dumb as they come when it comes to tech stuff), so can you! A rooted Nexus One with CM6 RC3 = Pure awesomeness!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links