After Gingerbread...

This is a discussion on After Gingerbread... within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by Kevin_808 I'm very excited for Gingerbread and very scared at the same time. We're probably going to have to update the radio ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: After Gingerbread...

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_808 View Post
    I'm very excited for Gingerbread and very scared at the same time. We're probably going to have to update the radio which can brick your phone. I've never flashed radio before so I'm starting to worry already...

The only thing I'm really looking forward to in Gingerbread is the new UI. Anyone know of any screen shots of it yet?
    I've flashed my radio several times now with no issues or hangups of any kind. Also froyo updated your radio as well, so you have already flashed your radio at least once already.
    ATT N1 Arrived - 5-18-2010
    Rooted - 7/4/2010

Running:
    Froyo FRF91 w/ root

Quote Originally Posted by Abrupt Demise View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_808 View Post
    I'm very excited for Gingerbread and very scared at the same time. We're probably going to have to update the radio which can brick your phone. I've never flashed radio before so I'm starting to worry already...

The only thing I'm really looking forward to in Gingerbread is the new UI. Anyone know of any screen shots of it yet?
    I've flashed my radio several times now with no issues or hangups of any kind. Also froyo updated your radio as well, so you have already flashed your radio at least once already.
    I did not root my phone until after Froyo, so the radio was updated via OTA...i think.

I've heard that gingerbread is mostly a UI revamp =) But I'll be happy if they enable 720 recording as stock.

What would be even more amazing is if manual focus and advanced exposure settings (f-stop and shutter speed) were added settings like pro-sumer cameras!

I'm just dreaming a little =P But this doesn't sound completely impossible though... cause you can tap to focus on the desire which essentially is changing the area of focus. As for shutter speed, I think the camera already slows it down in low light. Can't these options just all be made manual (like a camera?)

EDIT: correct me if I'm wrong, but i think the LG viewty has this feature?

I'm not going to get excited about gingerbread because its probably going to be geared more toward tablets and tables than it will be toward phones.

for the casual user like me, who just uses internet when i need to look up something or maps when i'm out. the increase in browser speed was great but to me froyo was pretty much a disappointment. i'm not expecting anything anymore. but i still love google

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links