Stuck market download, cancel results in force close

This is a discussion on Stuck market download, cancel results in force close within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Astrid is stuck downloading and when I click the cancel download button the market force closes. Upon re-opening the market the astrid download is still ...

Thread: Stuck market download, cancel results in force close

Stuck market download, cancel results in force close

Astrid is stuck downloading and when I click the cancel download button the market force closes. Upon re-opening the market the astrid download is still stuck.

I've restarted the phone several times and I've also cleared the market cache several times to no avail. I also uninstalled astrid from the phone and that didn't help either. I'm out of ideas at this point and was wondering if anyone else has any clue how I might fix the problem.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Figured out the solution this morning. Instead of clicking on the app that is stuck downloading I did a long press on it. That brought up a menu with a few options, one of which was cancel. I chose cancel and it did not freeze the market like the normal cancel option did. It canceled the app and I was able to re-download it successfully. Glad I got it fixed but it seems strange to me that one cancel option force closes the market while another successfully cancels the download. I swear sometimes I feel like a beta tester even though android is at 2.2.

To add to this thread (for any future person that uses the search feature and finds it) .... clearing the cache of the market app also helps solve broken downloads.
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links