Arabic Support? How do i get it?

This is a discussion on Arabic Support? How do i get it? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Okay, i need to find a way to download Arabic support to my Nexus One, anyone have an idea? Im running Android 2.2 (Froyo) and ...

Thread: Arabic Support? How do i get it?

Arabic Support? How do i get it?

Okay, i need to find a way to download Arabic support to my Nexus One, anyone have an idea?

Im running Android 2.2 (Froyo) and the build number is FRF91

Time to clear up some questions:

Q: Did you search the forums?
    A: Yes, and i only found one post that says how to turn your whole phone to arabic which is something IM NOT LOOKING FOR

Q: Didnt the Android 2.2 (Froyo) added Arabic support?
    A: Yes, but the arabic support Google gave us so is so BAD that I, MYSELF CANT EVEN READ IT.

Now, just incase Google ever has the time to actually check, here is why the arabic support you (Google) gave us is so bad.

You see, the arabic language is different from other languages and its not the way you write the letters, its how you use them. In the arabic language, we CONNECT THE LETTERS TOGETHER which makes it different, now i bet most of you are like, "Wait, what do you mean by the letters connect?"

Okay, if you were to write "dog", you would just write "d", "o", and "g" but in the arabic, if you were to write "بابا" which means "dad" in english, its different because "ب" is just 1 letter and the "ا" is another letter and if you were to write them WITHOUT connecting them, it would look like
    "ب ا ب ا" but if you were to CONNECT THEM TOGETHER, it would look like "بابا", but it seems Google has completely forgot about this or actually put no effort in solving this. Now, you may say, "Well, does it make any difference?" and the answer is a big YES, especially when you try to read a sentence, its ALOT harder.

Now, you have just learned something new in your life. If your wondering, yes, i do read and write arabic and its hard to actually read with Googles Arabic support (which is funny because the translation on google.com/translate translates into the real, connected arabic. I wonder why they didnt just take that and put it into Froyo)

So, now i need your help. I have the 1-click root app (UniversalAndroot) on my phone so i can easily install but i need an arabic keyboard + arabic language pack. Can anyone help me find this?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

[PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    Keyboard works! =D

But like i said, the arabic font is the one Google provided. The one that all the letters are disconnected, where can i download arabic font.

And also SliceBurg, why arent you some kind of mod, you have been REALLY helpful lately! =D

Have you tried that mirsal font they mention in the description?

Honestly I wouldn't mind being a mod, but I had a rocky start here with the current mods and I don't think they like me very much. Lol
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Honestly I wouldn't mind being a mod, but I had a rocky start here with the current mods and I don't think they like me very much. Lol
    I tried Mirsal but Mirsal only shows arabic names of people in your Contact list, nothing else.

Lol, happened to me on another forum.

Did you see in the options for the keyboard, there is an option to connect the letters. That might help.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

To bad I wasn't here to witness this rocky start!

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Sheanzy View Post

To bad I wasn't here to witness this rocky start!
    LOL! It got Heated at times I've chilled out a lot on here recently
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links