Groups in N1 contacts

This is a discussion on Groups in N1 contacts within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; In my Gmail contacts, I have several groups. Is there a way to have several groups in N1 contacts? Thank you in advance....

Thread: Groups in N1 contacts

Groups in N1 contacts

In my Gmail contacts, I have several groups. Is there a way to have several groups in N1 contacts? Thank you in advance.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You can choose which groups to display in your contacts on your Nexus One. Open contacts, then tap the menu button, then tap Display Options, then tap the email account for your contacts.

Thank you N1David. That was very helpful and fast. Thanks again for helping me get up to speed.

Group Hug!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a follow-up question. I just setup a few smaller groups on my gmail.com account hoping to reduce the large number of contacts showing up on the phone. I then went to Contacts/Menu/Display Options/My Gmail Account and then checked only 2 groups (Family and one other) which total only 30 contacts. However, when I tap the "Contacts" icon on the Home Screen and then select the "Contacts" icon at the top of the screen I get 264 contacts (essentially all of my contacts in my Gmail account. What can I do to reduce this to just those two smaller groups? Thanks.

You're welcome. On your second question, uncheck the first group System Group: My Contacts and then check the individual groups you want displayed and then click Done.

Thanks again David. That did the trick, AFTER I solved another related problem I was having with the phone not sync-ing well with GMail account. That solution (found elsewhere with a google search) was as follows.
    Go to "Settings". Select "Applications".
    Select "Manage Applications".
    Scroll down to "Contacts Storage"
    Click on "Clear Data" [WARNING: this erases all contact data on phone, which will be replaced with what is in GMail account.]

Go back to to "Settings" again and in "Accounts and Sync" press your account, and then unselect and then reselect "Sync Contacts"

Mike, I am sure you did not need that solution. But perhaps someone else reading this thread, might have had the same related problem with synchronization that I did.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links