3G/Edge crossover (no signal)

This is a discussion on 3G/Edge crossover (no signal) within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I have the bad fortune to be on the border of a 3G network both at work and home. Literally, I can spin around in ...

Thread: 3G/Edge crossover (no signal)

3G/Edge crossover (no signal)

I have the bad fortune to be on the border of a 3G network both at work and home. Literally, I can spin around in a chair, and in one position be in 3G, and another on an Edge network. In another position....I get no signal at all.

It is a bit frustrating that I feel a bit like a human TV antenna (old school, anyone under 30 won't know what I'm talking about).

Anyway....until Line2 comes out for Android, I may have to endure this.....but wondering if anyone else has this issue where the phone seemingly can't allow one or the other to supercede.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

That must be frustrating. Years ago, when I was with Cingular, the apartment I lived in, the bedroom had no signal period. I can relate.
    Have you tried setting your phone to use only 2G networks? That might help.
    Go to Settings, Wireless & networks, Mobile networks.
    Also there is a free app on the Market named Antennas, that might help you figure out something too. It has a map and shows you cell towers your phone is connected to.

Have this problem all the time. Actually, I used to have the problem. I turn 3G off specifically for this reason. Never noticed any difference in audio quality and I gain a little bit in battery life.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links