Does google still have a cancellation fee?

This is a discussion on Does google still have a cancellation fee? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I opened this thread to find out if anyone knows whether google still charges a cancellation fee for the N1, but no one knew and ...

Thread: Does google still have a cancellation fee?

Does google still have a cancellation fee?

I opened this thread to find out if anyone knows whether google still charges a cancellation fee for the N1, but no one knew and the discussion was (wrongly) moved to T-Mobile.

So for those of you who weren't around in January, what you might not know is that Google originally charged $350 for cancelling your contract. This is on top of the $200 that T-Mo charges. After bad press, they reduced the penalty to $200 (or $150?). But I can't find anything on whether they are still charging the fee, given that they now no longer sell the N1, etc.

Does anyone know? I know T-Mo charges a penalty for cancellation ($200 the first year, prorated after the first year). But does google charge a fee, too?

I'm probably going to have to ditch my N1. It's not worth much having an awesome phone if you can't ever get a signal.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

If your canceling your plan, Google has nothing to do with it. The only thing Google is your phone since it was made by them, if you have any type of problem with the phone itself, then you talk to Google. If you have anything about your currect cell phone provider plan, then you call T-Mobile.

Here are their numbers:

Google: 650-253-0000
    T-Mobile USA: 1-800-T-MOBILE (1-800-866-2453)

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Your orginal thread was based on a T Mobile question in general. Your original thread included a complete conversation with T Mobile, not Google.

I will leave this up for your benefit of information. But in reality it would be easier for you to call Google to obtain the information that you need. But if you have any issues with threads being moved please contact a mod instead of accusing one of (wrongly) moving your thread.

Thank you.
    Androidfied.

Brightstar has the following clause:
    A return authorization must be obtained before any product is returned to Brightstar. The returned product will be repaired, replaced or credited at the sole discretion of Brightstar. All transportation charges for returned products must be prepaid by Buyer. Items accepted for return may be subject to a minimum 20% restocking charge. All returns must be in the original container and packaging, and Buyer must provide proof of purchase.
    So at a minimum, Brightstar will charge you ~$120 as a restocking fee.

Since there aren't any phones in stock until mid-September, I couldn't get to see if Google has any terms.
    :nexusx:

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

Quote Originally Posted by kevindaledavis View Post
    Brightstar has the following clause:
    A return authorization must be obtained before any product is returned to Brightstar. The returned product will be repaired, replaced or credited at the sole discretion of Brightstar. All transportation charges for returned products must be prepaid by Buyer. Items accepted for return may be subject to a minimum 20% restocking charge. All returns must be in the original container and packaging, and Buyer must provide proof of purchase.
    So at a minimum, Brightstar will charge you ~$120 as a restocking fee.

Since there aren't any phones in stock until mid-September, I couldn't get to see if Google has any terms.
    :nexusx:
    So if you cancel your contract, I guess they take your phone back, too? I had wondered about that. This whole (failed) google store concept has me fuzzy in parts.

Seems like you'd be better off telling them that you lost the phone and that you want to cancel your contract. You can sell them for about $600 on ebay.

Anyway, thanks. I had forgotten about the whole Brightstar connection.

WOW!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jah View Post
    You can sell them for about $600 on ebay.
    How much for an AT&T Version N1?

Quote Originally Posted by aseems View Post
    WOW!!!!!

I have a friend who sold one last week as "buy now" on ebay for $625. Of course he's paying shipping, incl insurance, but he's already bought himself $600 worth of new toys.

I'm bummed that I have an extra N1, but I can't sell it because at the time, Google said they were going to want it back.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by aseems View Post
    WOW!!!!!

I have a friend who sold one last week as "buy now" on ebay for $625. Of course he's paying shipping, incl insurance, but he's already bought himself $600 worth of new toys.

I'm bummed that I have an extra N1, but I can't sell it because at the time, Google said they were going to want it back.
    Thanks Jah

Good to Know... Bur Never to Sell (Out)

Keeping the Faith in God & Google!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links