what benefits i gain from loading a different ROM???

This is a discussion on what benefits i gain from loading a different ROM??? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; so here is the question, what are the benefits from loading a different ROM to my nexus one? currently i have 2.2 thank you...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what benefits i gain from loading a different ROM???

Question what benefits i gain from loading a different ROM???

so here is the question, what are the benefits from loading a different ROM to my nexus one? currently i have 2.2

thank you

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

-maybe you wanna learn how the system works?
    -change the graphics/colors of certain stuff
    -any apps to sd
    -720p recording
    -improved radios?
    -bored

some of the reasons why i rooted recently with the 1-click rooter (doesnt unlock the bootloader)

by any apps to sd do you mean to the micro sd card or the internal memory had N1 has?? also when you root it i thought you did gain access to unlock it too

to the micro sd dude..
    i guess there are two methods to root. one where you unlock the bootloader and the other with that 1-click root app
    [APP] [ROOT] 1-click root for N1 (Latest ver: 1.6.1) - xda-developers

Question

after having install a different ROM from the original, is there away to restore to the original??

yes there are ways.

i used rom manager (in the android store) to perform a full system backup (and i used it a few times when i messed things up experimenting around)
    you can load the backed up rom to restore your nexusone to its original state

is there any great advantages from installing a different Rom and if so which are, my previous peer try to give me a answer but i dont think is worth it yet, its not like jailbreak a iphone

i already listed the reasons why i rooted and changed to the cm6 rom above....
    the big one is the internal storage space was bothering me..didnt always want to keep an eye on the memory hitting below the 20mb mark

If anyone is interested in the new radio goto
    Nexus One Gets New Radio Image from Korea

Christian, any doubts about rooting and custom roms, just leave it. You should have clear reasons for wanting it otherwise it will just turn into a pain down the road. Some people don't mind constantly monitoring the release state of a new rom that will fix 5 minor annoying bugs and two big ones, it's a hobby, but that's part of the package that typically doesn't get mentioned.

I don't find it shocking I guess, but people still pushing the Apps2sd hack. I know, people want to load down their phones with a hundred apps and don't care that the os doesn't expect primary drives yanked out from underneath it...

anyway.. to each their own...

DT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links