UK data SIM provider for 2week vacation?

This is a discussion on UK data SIM provider for 2week vacation? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I'm going to be in the UK for 2 weeks in late September and rather than try and choose hotels/motels/cottages that have WiFi all the ...

Thread: UK data SIM provider for 2week vacation?

UK data SIM provider for 2week vacation?

I'm going to be in the UK for 2 weeks in late September and rather than try and choose hotels/motels/cottages that have WiFi all the time (which isn't easy) I was hoping to pick up a pay-as-you-go SIM card with 3G data contract. Does anyone know of any that are cheap enough that would fit that sort of arrangement? I don't expect to use more than a 1GB of data the entire time.

I know I saw of one in Germany that was a 30-day SIM card and at the end you choose whether to re-buy month by month. It was something like 30 euros (23 quid or so). That kind of thing would be ideal.

I really don't want to be data-roaming with my own (German O2) sim-card. I'm sure that would turn out to be way more expensive.
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Yes, they do the 30 day rolling contract over here in the UK too. I am with Vodafone, and you can get 100 minutes calltime, 600 texts for 10 a month. A bolt on package of 500 mb data is an extra 5 so would cost you total of 15.

Three - Pay As You Go - Free SIM - Getting started - Check your mobile is 3G

check that out also,there is free skype-skype calls on it too

Quote Originally Posted by Floogle View Post
    Yes, they do the 30 day rolling contract over here in the UK too. I am with Vodafone, and you can get 100 minutes calltime, 600 texts for 10 a month. A bolt on package of 500 mb data is an extra 5 so would cost you total of 15.
    Quote Originally Posted by tonybhoy View Post
    Three - Pay As You Go - Free SIM - Getting started - Check your mobile is 3G

check that out also,there is free skype-skype calls on it too
    Cheers !!

I checked 'em both out and both would serve my needs perfectly. I'll assume if they're both doing it then O2 would be too, so I'll just look out for a shop and pop in and buy one when I'm there. I already checked out the coverage map from those two and where I'm going to is well covered by 3G
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

T-Mobile

I had good luck with T-Mobile in Scotland last week. I bought an International SIM pack for 10. Be sure to text 'monthweb' to 441 get unlimited Internet for a month (same price as for two weeks). I didn't know I needed to do this and the daily 1 Internet charge ate up my 10 before my two weeks were up. If you plan to make a lot of calls, you may want to add more credit to start. I was unable to register a foreign credit card for topups or topup at an ATM. Overall I thought it was a great bargain and used Google navigation for most of our trip. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a similar service here in Germany. Here T-Mobile charges .09/minute for pay as you go internet. If anyone knows of a better deal in Germany or France, please let me know. TIA

Quote Originally Posted by dude4linux View Post
    I had good luck with T-Mobile in Scotland last week. I bought an International SIM pack for 10. Be sure to text 'monthweb' to 441 get unlimited Internet for a month (same price as for two weeks). I didn't know I needed to do this and the daily 1 Internet charge ate up my 10 before my two weeks were up. If you plan to make a lot of calls, you may want to add more credit to start. I was unable to register a foreign credit card for topups or topup at an ATM. Overall I thought it was a great bargain and used Google navigation for most of our trip. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a similar service here in Germany. Here T-Mobile charges .09/minute for pay as you go internet. If anyone knows of a better deal in Germany or France, please let me know. TIA
    I'll add T-Mobile to my list of vendors that will meet my needs

Here in Germany I use O2. Although I signed up and get a monthly bill, I don't have a fixed length contract as such. I pay for calls without any plan but I don't make many. My internet access is unlimited 3G and costs 8.50 per month. My bill varies from 9.00 to 10.50 per month

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links