Already got an unlocked bootloader, should I root?

This is a discussion on Already got an unlocked bootloader, should I root? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; guys, thanks - so much good advice there from people in the know. I superbooted today, got the superuser permission and downloaded root explorer, will ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Already got an unlocked bootloader, should I root?

guys, thanks - so much good advice there from people in the know. I superbooted today, got the superuser permission and downloaded root explorer, will look at some rooted apps like set cpu soon...

i might try the modaco rom then, as it sounds not too far from stock.

Anyone had this issue though - i flashed amon ra recovery, it went into the recovery mode and i did a nandroid backup, but when i tried to go back into the recovery, it loaded the stock recovery, NOT the amon ra.

i did some research on this problem, and people suggested deleting a couple of specific system files (install-from-boot something, cant remember the exact names), so i downloaded root explorer to gain write access to my system and deleted the files, but it still boots into stock recovery! grrrr.

if i flash a custom rom, will this alleviate the problem? or is there another way?

btw android is the truth, join me in rooting, we can be the 3rd wave!

Quote Originally Posted by Floogle View Post
    guys, thanks - so much good advice there from people in the know. I superbooted today, got the superuser permission and downloaded root explorer, will look at some rooted apps like set cpu soon...

Anyone had this issue though - i flashed amon ra recovery, it went into the recovery mode and i did a nandroid backup, but when i tried to go back into the recovery, it loaded the stock recovery, NOT the amon ra.

i did some research on this problem, and people suggested deleting a couple of specific system files (install-from-boot something, cant remember the exact names), so i downloaded root explorer to gain write access to my system and deleted the files, but it still boots into stock recovery! grrrr.

if i flash a custom rom, will this alleviate the problem? or is there another way?

Thats weird. have you tried flashing clockwork instead?
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post

I take it Clockwork is a different recovery that i could flash- if so, could you direct me to a good site for download?

I am currently downloading rom manager - am i right in thinking i could use that to access amon ra recovery?

i could try re-flashing the amon ra recovery and see what happens i guess. just want to make sure the recovery part is sorted before flashing a custom rom.

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post

I take it Clockwork is a different recovery that i could flash- if so, could you direct me to a good site for download?

I am currently downloading rom manager - am i right in thinking i could use that to access amon ra recovery?

i could try re-flashing the recovery and see what happens i guess. just want to make sure the recovery part is sorted before flashing a custom rom.
    You are already on the right track my friend. Clockwork can be flashed in Rom Manager. You can use AmonRa also but Clockwork and Rom Manager go hand in hand.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links