Incredible vrs. Nexus One

This is a discussion on Incredible vrs. Nexus One within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; A friend brought over a new Verizon HTC Incredible. At first glance it looked pretty nice. Same size body, same size screen as N1. Only ...

Thread: Incredible vrs. Nexus One

Incredible vrs. Nexus One

A friend brought over a new Verizon HTC Incredible. At first glance it looked pretty nice. Same size body, same size screen as N1. Only bad looking thing was "Verizon" across the top.

Maybe it's because I'm used to the N1, but I really didn't like the way the soft buttons were laid out at the bottom. The back arrow was in the middle - now that's just wrong!

My friend's phone was purchased through Verizon ($100 plus 2 year contract) plus $10 more a month than I'm paying at T-Mo, and she's got a plan with less features than mine.

Web pages loaded significantly slower on the Incredible, but that could be because of the network. As we all know, some networks operate faster in different areas. Or the slowness could be because of the Verizon propriety software pre-loaded on the phone (only way to remove it is to root.)

The Incredible still hasn't received the upgrade to 2.2. I impressed my friend by showing her how my 2.2 N1 could display a web page using Flash. When she loaded the same page, there was a black box.

The Incredible does come with a 8gb SD card however, but the ceiling is still 32gb.

But all-in-all I'm glad my friend went with an Android phone, since she was considering moving to AT&T for the iPhone 4.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Back to the topic at hand. Keyp I agree with your assessment of the inc. just wish we had the built in memory like the inc.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    I bet the inc will be phased out of Verizon's catalog. Can't compete with the Droid line up they have.
    Androidfied.

The Incredible is a Droid model, unless you're talking about Droid X/2 what ever. My dad has that phone and he seems to like it a lot. I think it's very similar hardware to the nexus one, but it's really hard to compare since they are running 2.1 instead of 2.2...

Quote Originally Posted by Berig View Post
    The Incredible is a Droid model, unless you're talking about Droid X/2 what ever. My dad has that phone and he seems to like it a lot. I think it's very similar hardware to the nexus one, but it's really hard to compare since they are running 2.1 instead of 2.2...
    I think he is referring to the Motorola Droids. And I agree, it seems that Verizon is already close to being done with the Inc. Doesnt make sense to me tho.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Yeah my bad I meant moto phones are their droid flagship.
    Androidfied.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links