Partitioning SD card

This is a discussion on Partitioning SD card within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; when you partition with app2sd (ext2,3,4) widgets or whatever will still run even when you mount the n1 as storage......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Partitioning SD card

when you partition with app2sd (ext2,3,4) widgets or whatever will still run even when you mount the n1 as storage...

Actually, I could see partitioning to be a good thing if done correctly. One of the problems with Apps2SD is that if you mount your SD card when connected to a computer, any apps that are stored on the SD card will no longer be accessible. This means that any apps that you use for widgets cannot be put on the SD card or they will stop working when you mount the SD card.

One way around this would be to partition the SD card, and only mount the partition you use for data when you connect to a computer, and put all your apps on the other partition, leaving that one unmounted. I don't know if Android allows this, though.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    Actually, I could see partitioning to be a good thing if done correctly. One of the problems with Apps2SD is that if you mount your SD card when connected to a computer, any apps that are stored on the SD card will no longer be accessible. This means that any apps that you use for widgets cannot be put on the SD card or they will stop working when you mount the SD card.

One way around this would be to partition the SD card, and only mount the partition you use for data when you connect to a computer, and put all your apps on the other partition, leaving that one unmounted. I don't know if Android allows this, though.
    I think I've noticed this, like my weather widget stops. I might partition and see what happens. Can you un-partition though?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links