Gmail calling in Canada

This is a discussion on Gmail calling in Canada within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Any other Canucks pleasantly surprised to see this feature added to their inbox? Everything I've read says it's only supposed to be available in the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gmail calling in Canada

Talking Gmail calling in Canada

Any other Canucks pleasantly surprised to see this feature added to their inbox? Everything I've read says it's only supposed to be available in the US but for some reason I've had the feature enabled since yesterday. Along with that came my ability to access Google voice but I'm limited to outbound calls only.

I've spoken to the majority of my Gmail using friends and no one else seems to have this feature enabled. Just wondering if there are others in the great white north who had this feature enabled or if this is some kind of extremely lucky mistake on my behalf?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

How did you get it to work with Voice? On your phone or just in your browser?

I got it too. But only in Gmail on my PC. Don't think we got voice here in Cnd...

Yeah, me three. It definitely wasn't there when I first installed it, but showed up 12 hours later. It does appear to be pc only.

DT

I can access the voice webpage on my phone and browser but it's basically just a glorified call log right now.

In Canada as well. I have two Gmail accounts, one received it and one did not.
    Edit: Both accounts now enabled.

I am hoping that this means that Google Voice in Canada is imminent.

I love the "phone-from-Gmail" feature, but having Google Voice on my N1 would (will!) be sweeeeeeeeeet!

My understanding is that it is the CRTC that is preventing Google Voice from coming to Canada, due to 911 requirements. I have google voice access from Canada, but it was carried over from Grand Central. Unfortunately it's on my home phone, and not on my cell phone, and when I try to add my cell phone it won't allow it, so it's definitely a grandfather thing.

The good 'ol CRTC.... because whatever you know, the government knows better.

just another example of a government institution that has outlived it's usefulness by a large margin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links