Why is Android WiFi still so flaky ?

This is a discussion on Why is Android WiFi still so flaky ? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; You can try wifi fixer, also found in the market. It works pretty well at keeping the wifi connected. If your phone has the wifi ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why is Android WiFi still so flaky ?

You can try wifi fixer, also found in the market. It works pretty well at keeping the wifi connected. If your phone has the wifi sleep issue, this will not fix that, but whenever you wake your phone in the morning, wifi fixerr works in establishing the connection right away. At least for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fury View Post
    Im having similar problems, iv found this but am a bit hesitant to try:
    Fix My WiFi - Cyrket
    I'm currently trying Wifi Fixer by Zanshin-g1 who goes into great detail in his documentation about why the Nexus One has wifi problems during sleep. He wrote this app specifically to solve the issues for the N1 so I'm going to assume this is the one I want. It certainly sounds like it.

The best bit is that it's an open-source app and I've just recently installed the developer SDK and eclipse so I can get in there and tweak the app to my needs if necessary :D

edit: LOL, nice suggestion. As you were responding I was busy trying wifi fixer already :D I'm hoping that it will hold onto the connection (or re-associate it) as long as my phone is switched on and wifi is enabled and my router is on. If all three conditions are true, there should be no reason I'm not connected in my opinion. If wifi fixer doesn't do that for me out of the box, I hope I can hack it and make it do that. I'll feed back any changes to the author to let him consider offering it as a 3rd workaround (in addition to the two he currently has) if I do end up making a change.

Final update (after which I'll unsubscribe from the thread):

Solved all my wifi problems once and for all. I rooted and installed CyanogenMod CM6. No more wifi issues whatsoever.

Google know about this problem and chose not to fix it in 2.2.

Quote Originally Posted by dd4005 View Post

Solved all my wifi problems once and for all. I rooted and installed CyanogenMod CM6. No more wifi issues whatsoever.

I also have this issue with my Nexus 1. (On the Rogers network, with a current Linksys router).

This issue has nothing to do whatsoever with airplane mode - mine never goes into that mode, and I still have the problem.

I am now trying a free app in Market called WiFiReEnabler.
    I will report back if this app fixes the problem.
    I agree emphatically with many comments that Google should have fixed this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by JackTheMan18 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dd4005 View Post

I also have this issue with my Nexus 1. (On the Rogers network, with a current Linksys router).

This issue has nothing to do whatsoever with airplane mode - mine never goes into that mode, and I still have the problem.

I am now trying a free app in Market called WiFiReEnabler.
    I will report back if this app fixes the problem.
    I agree emphatically with many comments that Google should have fixed this issue.
    Oops, I forgot to unsubscribe.

Good luck with that WiFiReEnabler, I didn't try that one. I did try 3 or 4 others with no luck at all.

Please do report back here if it works, for those forum searchers who find their way here.

I myself might find need for one that works if I get myself an Android tablet (once a good one is launched). I would find it useless on base Froyo if it's dropping wifi everytime it sleeps, and I doubt Cynaogenmod would be available unless it becomes a really popular tablet. They have to aim their work at the largest selling devices.
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links