SMS notifications duplicated using Handcent

This is a discussion on SMS notifications duplicated using Handcent within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi just installed Handcent SMS which is great but I can't find how to stop SMS's going into my normal messaging app. I am getting ...

Thread: SMS notifications duplicated using Handcent

SMS notifications duplicated using Handcent

Hi
    just installed Handcent SMS which is great but I can't find how to stop SMS's going into my normal messaging app. I am getting duplicate notifications can I turn off or shut down the stock message app in favour of Handcent?

thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I HATE SMS on Android

It's the one thing my olde symbian ripped through

I've cried myself hoarse

Here -
    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...ts-issues.html

Here-
    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...s-problem.html

AND Here - http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...ist-yours.html

But Google Hates SMS, so I just have to suck it up

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by retepnikrap View Post
    Hi
    just installed Handcent SMS which is great but I can't find how to stop SMS's going into my normal messaging app. I am getting duplicate notifications can I turn off or shut down the stock message app in favour of Handcent?

thanks
    I had this problem. All you need to do is open up the stock message app, hit menu key, settings, and deselect where it says 'display notification in status bar'.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Floogle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by retepnikrap View Post
    Hi

thanks
    I had this problem. All you need to do is open up the stock message app, hit menu key, settings, and deselect where it says 'display notification in status bar'.
    I am a little embarrassed to ask this,but. I also have Hancent installed and am using it with the same annoyance. Would you please tell me how to "open the stock message app" Do I have to uninstall Hancent?

Thank you

Jim

No problem, just go to your app drawer (bottom centre of your home screen, a square with little squares in it), this contains a list of all your apps. One of them should be a green icon that says messaging. Click it, it will open up the stock message app. Then follow what I said in previous post. :-)

Smile

No problem, just go to your app drawer (bottom centre of your home screen, a square with little squares in it), this contains a list of all your apps. One of them should be a green icon that says messaging. Click it, it will open up the stock message app. Then follow what I said in previous post. :-)
    :-) Big smile. I found it, I have been looking for it for days.
    Thank you Floogle

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Janddi View Post
    Thank you Floogle

Jim
    Floogle is a Perfect Victorian Gentleman ... And I mean that in the most respectful sense possible

In other words "You're da MAN" FLOOGLE!

Proud and honoured to be counted amongst your friends!

Quote Originally Posted by aseems View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Janddi View Post
    Thank you Floogle

Jim
    Floogle is a Perfect Victorian Gentleman ... And I mean that in the most respectful sense possible

In the words "You're da MAN" FLOOGLE!

Proud and honoured to be counted amongst your friends!
    Haha! love you too man, we've even requested you become an honorary member of the 'root gang'.... (whether you decide to root or not!)

Bhagavana tumhe asirvada de! (my Hindi not so good, even with Google translate)

I have to say that I don't use handscent and I do have the duplicated SMS icon. What should I do? THANKS!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links