Nexus + Google Talk = Free VOIP?

This is a discussion on Nexus + Google Talk = Free VOIP? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth Slim check this out Google If you click to the left of Gmail on the browser a pop up window will ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nexus + Google Talk = Free VOIP?

14 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    Slim check this out

If you click to the left of Gmail on the browser a pop up window will show about the new feature.
    Oh yea I already have this setup. Earlier I was referring to the Gmail on android. Sooner or later we will Def have Voip on the phone. I've heard as early as the end of the year.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    10 times
    I just used it earlier and it was GREAT reception. I remember when I worked at PointOne when they just started on trying to get VOIP up back in 2000. Pretty new then, but the suits squandered the money very poorly and the business crash, couple of years later Vonage popped up and I was like that could of been PointOne. But PointOne was working on the network standpoint for businesses. They still exist, but not the way they could had been.

Blew off Millions of dollars. Two fundings. One for 150 and another for 55 so you know. Shame.

Yes free VOIP calls with Nexus S and Gizmo

Check the thread below for complete details. As a test, I have removed the SIM card from my phone and I am making and receiving calls. I'm going to France this spring so as long as I can get free WIFI I basically can make free calls to the US and cheap calls to France @ $0.02/minute.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links