New Social Group - Root Gang

This is a discussion on New Social Group - Root Gang within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Another great thing is no matter how many back up you make you can always move those folders to your laptop/desktop/memory card/External HD.....aw you get ...

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: New Social Group - Root Gang

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Another great thing is no matter how many back up you make you can always move those folders to your laptop/desktop/memory card/External HD.....aw you get the idea and move that back and forth as needed to clear up space on your SD card.
    Androidfied.

I had not thought of that. Great Ideal
    One Nexus To Rule Them All!

Yes, I always back up my sd card, then back that up to my 16gb thumbdrive, then do Acronis Full Image laptop backups.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

yea i'm one of those paranoid people who are afraid of data corruption so i back everything up to 2 or more locations lol... some say it's overkill but i'd rather be safe...

Quote Originally Posted by Happiboi View Post
    yea i'm one of those paranoid people who are afraid of data corruption so i back everything up to 2 or more locations lol... some say it's overkill but i'd rather be safe...
    Totally agree with this statement. Can't ever be too careful. I got backups for my backups
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Slim,

I flashed my first theme. Sort of. Only brave enough to do the Circle Battery theme you posted link to. Went well, had to change bar to black for best appearance.

The steel theme, manup, and actually using metamorph seems more daunting. Like we suggest, am reading everything I can find. Haven't looked at manup close yet. Did look at will's CM6 Black Notification Screen theme, interesting.

If I try the Steel Theme, lots to do in preparation like changing some of the Cyan settings ahead of time. Then I dl the theme, battery circle file, xml file, and Launcher Pro addon. Got to get the order right and not screw up. Feels like my day one rooting jitters.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    If I try the Steel Theme, lots to do in preparation like changing some of the Cyan settings ahead of time. Then I dl the theme, battery circle file, xml file, and Launcher Pro addon. Got to get the order right and not screw up. Feels like my day one rooting jitters.
    I put the Steel theme on today - first post-root thing I've done (besides installing CM6). It was simple - just had to disable a couple of things. I'm curious about that battery circle though... can that just be flashed like the theme? Or do I have to use that Morph tool to add it to the Steel theme first? I'm not too clear on what will or won't break my system.

Also, I tried the Launcher Pro file but it didn't take. I think it might be because I had LP running at the time. But then I wondered if I update LP to this version, would I still be able to apply updates from the market? So I decided not to try the LP file again.

It's all Greek to me. But, I don't think you need Metamorph, just falsh after main theme. I posted a reply on forum for help with order of all I mentioned above. Includin LP. Don't think you can damage anything as long as you got backups of phone, TB, LP. I got to research this a lot more. These guides are not always clear to me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Happiboi View Post
    Totally agree with this statement. Can't ever be too careful. I got backups for my backups
    Same here on the backups of backups of backups (SD -> PC -> BackupMedia).

I think now it would be a good idea to have a disaster recovery tutorial. Now we've all got Nandroid backups of our original pre-mod systems, and we should all also have a backup of our post-mod CM6 system with all our apps and widgets in the right places and the UI and system configured the way we want it.

So what's the full procedure for a recovery? Should some disaster happen - like the phone randomly forgets everything, or some bad app install somehow manages to brick the phone? Here's what it would be in my head at least:

1. Make sure you've got your restore nandroid image on your SD card.
    2. Switch phone off and on, but somehow pressing power & vol.down and getting into the boot menu (I've never tried this but understand that's how it's done).
    3. Select wipe (factory reset) and that will get the phone back to it's original state it arrived with.
    4. Reboot and go to the market and download ROM Manager and then flash clockworkmod recovery.
    5. After reboot (and pressing power & vol.up if triangle seen) choose restore and find the nandroid you want to restore to and select it.
    6. After reboot you should be in exactly (in every way) the state you were at when you saved that stable nandroid. You won't have to do anything at all when it starts - all apps and all data and all configurations (everything basically) is as it was when you nandroid'ed that stable puppy.

Does that about cover it?

Just in case someone (weirdly) wanted to go back to their pre-cyanogen system, they'd have selected their pre-mod nandroid in step 5. Why on earth anyone would do that once they've seen the joys of CM6 would be a mystery.

Well actually, now I think about it, if you're selling the phone it's probably a good idea to do that and after step 6 then unrooting too. Question would be, is it easier to sell a phone when you say it's ready-cyanogened or if it's (back to) stock original? I imagine someone who planned to cyanogen it after buying might find it useful that someone's already done it.
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

Cool

so much WORK!

Why not avoid Rooting in the first place?

In a silly survey conducted by Coupons.com, they've discovered some ridiculous "revelations" about iPhone users and Android users. By analyzing both platform's coupon usage, they've determined that iPhone users are "feminine-smelling, chicken-eating, entertainment-reading fish owners." As for Android users:

Android users are "manly-scented, pork-eating, news-reading, bird lovers." Well, I guess that clears things up, if you read the news and eat pork you're Android all the way.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links