New Social Group - Root Gang

This is a discussion on New Social Group - Root Gang within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by aseems so much WORK! Why not avoid Rooting in the first place? You could only say that if you hadn't tried running ...

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: New Social Group - Root Gang

Quote Originally Posted by aseems View Post
    so much WORK!

Why not avoid Rooting in the first place?
    You could only say that if you hadn't tried running Cyanogenmod 6. It's like having Gingerbread already (and probably more). :rofl3:
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

I'd Rather Have the Real Deal
    (aka Gingerbread) as an Official OTA
    Just like my Eclair to Froyo

As it is Google knows just about everything about me.... Who Knows what the Cyan guys will do with the Data they get from me?

In a silly survey conducted by Coupons.com, they've discovered some ridiculous "revelations" about iPhone users and Android users. By analyzing both platform's coupon usage, they've determined that iPhone users are "feminine-smelling, chicken-eating, entertainment-reading fish owners." As for Android users:

Android users are "manly-scented, pork-eating, news-reading, bird lovers." Well, I guess that clears things up, if you read the news and eat pork you're Android all the way.

(aka Gingerbread) as an Official OTA
    Just like my Eclair to Froyo
    You'd rather suffer for the next (at least) 3 months (and more likely longer) just so you can say you're using official OTA update ? Why? Nobody's going to give you a prize for loyalty. Did you know that Google actually give Cyanogen support when he needs it ? They know the value in having aftermarket developers excited about what they can do. That's badly missing from the iPhone world.

As it is Google knows just about everything about me.... Who Knows what the Cyan guys will do with the Data they get from me?
    You might not believe it, but I'd trust the Cyan guys (who are enthusiastic modders) over the google guys (who are on a quest to store every bit of data forever) any day.
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Slim,

I flashed my first theme. Sort of. Only brave enough to do the Circle Battery theme you posted link to. Went well, had to change bar to black for best appearance.

The steel theme, manup, and actually using metamorph seems more daunting. Like we suggest, am reading everything I can find. Haven't looked at manup close yet. Did look at will's CM6 Black Notification Screen theme, interesting.

If I try the Steel Theme, lots to do in preparation like changing some of the Cyan settings ahead of time. Then I dl the theme, battery circle file, xml file, and Launcher Pro addon. Got to get the order right and not screw up. Feels like my day one rooting jitters.
    That's Great!

Lol it def can be scary at first. The thought of bootloops alone makes me go

That's the key tho, Read everything and you should be fine.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Yo dd,

I appreciate your efforts to convert my good friend aseems. Tho he is well aware if the risks, pros, and cons of rooting. He stands firm with his position and I respect that.

Also, those are some good tips you wrote earlier pertaining to backups. Maybe you could make a separate thread highlighting those great points.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

That comment is completely out of place in this group.....

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    That comment is completely out of place in this group.....
    There are more rooters in the refuse-to-root group telling them they should root than there are non-rooters here telling us we shouldn't :rofl3::rofl3:

Lol!

Its almost impossible to go back Once you cross over. Strong is the power of the Dark Side.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    Lol!

Its almost impossible to go back Once you cross over. Strong is the power of the Dark Side.
    Curiosity leads to Temptation,
    Temptation leads to Rooting,
    Rooting leads to.....the Darkside
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Probably need one more social group to escalate this a bit, perhaps a group that "Refuses to Unroot".
    :nexusx: Serious Android Fan :nexusx:

Don't see anything in a newer phone that gives me a temptation to leave my Nexus One!

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links