New Social Group - Refuse to root

This is a discussion on New Social Group - Refuse to root within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Congrats iggy Welcome aboard. You out there aseems...

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: New Social Group - Refuse to root

Congrats iggy

Welcome aboard.

You out there aseems
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Ok, let me put this group back on track. I refuse to root... for now.

This is my first smartphone and I'm hesitant to root because of my fear of screwing it up. I know many have said it's a very simple process to root and I probably will one day in the future, but for now I'm very happy with how my phone works. I just try not to read threads where people have rooted their phones, so I won't get jealous. I plan on keeping this phone for a long time so I may root when the N1 stops getting updates. But, I can't promise anything. The dark side is very strong.

I was the same way scared I would mess my phone up so I would not root. Then the one click root came out that said I can lock and unlock my bootloader with no harm so I tried it. Flash cm6 and a new kernel for 720p recording. Wish i hadn't been so scared this is GREAT!!! more space, smoother phone, unlimited what I can do with my N1 should have done this on day one. If you have a problem there are a lot of good people on here to help.
    One Nexus To Rule Them All!

I rooted my phone with One-click root app. I saw no harm in doing so. At the end it doesn't affect any warranty and there is always a way back to original state.

My biggest problem with my N1 is the battery performance and I see that custom roms such as CM6 help the battery performance. Therefore I would like to try a custom rom like most of you guys, but my biggest question is; how I 'll be able to update my phone OTA when new updates or versions become available from Google. If I can find a clear annswer to this question, I will go ahead try to install a custom ROM. And of course if that is the case, I will need your help
    Thanks

You'll be able to dl them thru custom roms that include them. FRG33 is already in CM6's latest nightly and Modaco roms and it just came out.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by arhidia View Post
    Ok, let me put this group back on track. I refuse to root... for now.

This is my first smartphone and I'm hesitant to root because of my fear of screwing it up. I know many have said it's a very simple process to root and I probably will one day in the future, but for now I'm very happy with how my phone works. I just try not to read threads where people have rooted their phones, so I won't get jealous. I plan on keeping this phone for a long time so I may root when the N1 stops getting updates. But, I can't promise anything. The dark side is very strong.
    Cheers!

WERA689 are on the same page :D

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links