New Social Group - Refuse to root

This is a discussion on New Social Group - Refuse to root within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by jonno2k Question... I used Titanium before starting and on first boot here, the system seems to be restoring my apps automatically. I ...

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: New Social Group - Refuse to root

Quote Originally Posted by jonno2k View Post
    Question... I used Titanium before starting and on first boot here, the system seems to be restoring my apps automatically. I don't quite know how but it's cool. How did that all happen before I re-ran Titanium on the new system? (I went from stock Froyo to CM6)
    If you had originally configured your phone to Auto-sync (under Settings->Accounts & sync) then it is automatic to get all of your apps back. I think a lot of us forget about that.

Nice!!! I just fell in love with my N1 all over again. lol

Quote Originally Posted by jonno2k View Post
    Nice!!! I just fell in love with my N1 all over again. lol
    I felt the same way once I took the plunge. I'm sure all of the anti-rooters would too.....

Quote Originally Posted by dd4005 View Post
    I choose not to root currently, but I wouldn't say I refuse to. I just haven't yet found a compelling reason to want to. If I find such a reason, I'll root immediately.
    How things change so quickly. Two days ago I thought I had no reason to root. Then someone (the author of "wifi fixer") told me that Cyanogen already fixed the flaky wifi issue. That was all the motivation I needed.

What a HUGE difference with Cyanogen. This is how I imagine Gingerbread will be in however many months it takes to be released. Loving it.

I rooted my n1 last night I had been scared I would mess my phone up so I waited I should have did this a long time ago it was so easy using the quick root instructions on this forum and now I am in love with my N1 all over again.
    One Nexus To Rule Them All!

Thanks Sheanzy for the great instructions.
    One Nexus To Rule Them All!

Quote Originally Posted by nexgoose View Post
    this will be interesting to see who here keeps their N1 stock...
    My N1 is still stock, it's not that I don't want to root just don't think I know enough just yet to venture into that. Seems like there are too many "instructions" on how to root but they all differ slightly. Is on better than another and which one is most benefitial to me and the phone. I even downloaded that Titanium back up but it says it is not compatible since my phone is not rooted? Wouldn't I want to backup my phone/settings before rooting just in case???

Soon all my questions will be answered and I will once again have the king of all Android phones... that Iphony has no chance...

Quote Originally Posted by latinfavio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nexgoose View Post
    this will be interesting to see who here keeps their N1 stock...
    My N1 is still stock, it's not that I don't want to root just don't think I know enough just yet to venture into that. Seems like there are too many "instructions" on how to root but they all differ slightly. Is on better than another and which one is most benefitial to me and the phone. I even downloaded that Titanium back up but it says it is not compatible since my phone is not rooted? Wouldn't I want to backup my phone/settings before rooting just in case???

Soon all my questions will be answered and I will once again have the king of all Android phones... that Iphony has no chance...
    The best instructions for rooting is in this thread:
    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...tructions.html
    And if you have any questions there are a lot of cool people that will help you like Sheanzy, Rugman, SliceburgSlim, Beer Goggles, AndroidistheTruth, and many more.
    Rooting is different than flashing a ROM. Rooting basically opens up your phone so you can flash roms, kernals, radios, and install apps that require more access to your phone...like titanium. That's why you have to be rooted to run titanium backup.
    So read through the instructions and relax. So far, no one has been steered wrong in that thread. And there are no dumb questions so please ask if you need help. And if you decide to root, we got your back! Good luck
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

I choose not to root currently, but I wouldn't say I refuse to. I just haven't yet found a compelling reason to want to. If I find such a reason, I'll root immediately.
    How things change so quickly. Two days ago I thought I had no reason to root. Then someone (the author of "wifi fixer") told me that Cyanogen already fixed the flaky wifi issue. That was all the motivation I needed.

What a HUGE difference with Cyanogen. This is how I imagine Gingerbread will be in however many months it takes to be released. Loving it.
    Another nonbeliever has been converted!!
    Join the Dark Side!
    We have cookies and ice cream!
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Talking

Maybe there needs to be a new social group called "Sitting on the Fence".

They don't "Refuse to Root", but they aren't quite ready for the "Root Gang".

:rofl3:

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links