New Social Group - Refuse to root

This is a discussion on New Social Group - Refuse to root within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by Beer Goggles Maybe there needs to be a new social group called "Sitting on the Fence". They don't "Refuse to Root", but ...

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: New Social Group - Refuse to root

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    Maybe there needs to be a new social group called "Sitting on the Fence".

They don't "Refuse to Root", but they aren't quite ready for the "Root Gang".

:rofl3:
    :rofl3:LOL:rofl3:
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

They, notice how I can now say "they", could be the Roof gang. A mix of reFusing to root and sitting on the Fence (or roof). Nickname - the Roofers.

Quote Originally Posted by jonno2k View Post

They, notice how I can now say "they", could be the Roof gang. A mix of reFusing to root and sitting on the Fence (or roof). Nickname - the Roofers.
    Roof gang is genious.

Light-sabred from my NeXuS One using Tapatalk
    "You don't know the power of the dark side!"

I did it!!!! ... um, I think... I did a bunch of those steps but I kind of got stuck somewhere. I went as far as choosing "root" on my phone. I did something and apparantly I'm a superuser. As I understand it I need to backup my setting now before I download a Rom. I tried going to Titanium backup and I got lost with all the options, it gave me a big list of all my apps etc.. am i supposed to backup everyone of these individually?
    I want to mention that I have both free versions of ROM manager and TB..

Now I can't open Rom Manager, it says "the app ROM manger (process com.koushikdutta.rommanager) has stopped unexpectadly... it's making me force close every time?

I guess I'm rooted, but I can't do anything..

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by latinfavio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nexgoose View Post
    this will be interesting to see who here keeps their N1 stock...
    My N1 is still stock, it's not that I don't want to root just don't think I know enough just yet to venture into that. Seems like there are too many "instructions" on how to root but they all differ slightly. Is on better than another and which one is most benefitial to me and the phone. I even downloaded that Titanium back up but it says it is not compatible since my phone is not rooted? Wouldn't I want to backup my phone/settings before rooting just in case???

Soon all my questions will be answered and I will once again have the king of all Android phones... that Iphony has no chance...
    The best instructions for rooting is in this thread:
    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...tructions.html
    And if you have any questions there are a lot of cool people that will help you like Sheanzy, Rugman, SliceburgSlim, Beer Goggles, AndroidistheTruth, and many more.
    Rooting is different than flashing a ROM. Rooting basically opens up your phone so you can flash roms, kernals, radios, and install apps that require more access to your phone...like titanium. That's why you have to be rooted to run titanium backup.
    So read through the instructions and relax. So far, no one has been steered wrong in that thread. And there are no dumb questions so please ask if you need help. And if you decide to root, we got your back! Good luck

Get the paid versions, more features and supports devs.

In TB select backup all apps and data, then on next screen select all, then run batch.

Read my posts on setting up TB and Rom Manager/Clockwork Mod correctly. You may want to uninstall Rom Manager and reinstall per my posts in below link. Get paid version.

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...-properly.html

You can uninstall RM thru TB.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Nice, thank you.. I got the paid versions and ran it again... once it's done backing up I will install CM6.. I read that once I DL from Rom manager it will prompt to backup stock N1, I thought by using TB I'm already backing it up, why would I need to do it twice? Clearing and wiping data, wow that's scarry... I hope it does it well and reboots correctly.
    lastly, when it does reboot and install recovery files, will it do it from TB or from that secondary backup from RomManager i was talking about earlier?

13. Next, choose to clear data/wipe and cache
    14. Your phone will reboot and install the recovery and necessary files

Thanks for all your help

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Get the paid versions, more features and supports devs.

In TB select backup all apps and data, then on next screen select all, then rum batch.

Read my posts on setting up TB and Rom Manager/Clockwork Mod correctly. You may want to uninstall Rom Manager and reinstall per by posts in below link. Get paid version.

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...-properly.html

You can uninstall RM thru TB.

TB does not back up your phone ie OS and everything, just apps and data. The backup thru Rom Manager is a full image, exact copy of your phone.

Once you install CM6 and Google Add Ons at same time by selecting add .zip choice while installing CM6 and then adding gapps, you'll want to set up wifi if you have it, then get your google acct set up and sync all if you use gcal and gmail. Then you need to go to Market and reinstall TB free. It will upgrade to your paid automatically. Then thru TB, restore all apps and data, then do a refresh of TB. Then when you run your launcher ADW or Launcher Pro it should restore screens. I think ADW does that, I know LP does. I think you need to reboot to get to activate launcher. When all is good do a new backup.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

I think I really jacked it up now, after downloading Cyanogen mod 6 from Rom manager I decided to back it up before swyping it, apparantly it doesnt let you go back to that. It reset my phone and when rebooting it was stuck on the start up menu of the Cyanogen logo. now what??? I decided to hold the power button, trackball and volume, eventurally taking me to a few options, i did a data wipe at this point thinking that what was I was supposed to do... hmm i dunno now..

Lastly I did a option to run file from Zip but out of all those file, none say Cyanogen...

I would appreciate some help guys... thanks!!!

Unhappy Condolences

Quote Originally Posted by latinfavio View Post
    I think I really jacked it up now, after downloading Cyanogen mod 6 from Rom manager I decided to back it up before swyping it, apparantly it doesnt let you go back to that. It reset my phone and when rebooting it was stuck on the start up menu of the Cyanogen logo. now what??? I decided to hold the power button, trackball and volume, eventurally taking me to a few options, i did a data wipe at this point thinking that what was I was supposed to do... hmm i dunno now..

Lastly I did a option to run file from Zip but out of all those file, none say Cyanogen...

I would appreciate some help guys... thanks!!!
    You made a choice

i pray you get back your N1

This isn't the thread for you anymore (unfortunately)

Try here -
    Nexus One Development & Hacking - Nexus One Forum - Google Phone Forum

All the Best!

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links