New Social Group - Refuse to root

This is a discussion on New Social Group - Refuse to root within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Thanks for the words of discouragement Aseem, anyways it seems I was just trying the wrong menu item, I finally was able to get the ...

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: New Social Group - Refuse to root

Thanks for the words of discouragement Aseem, anyways it seems I was just trying the wrong menu item, I finally was able to get the right one and now I'm proud to say my phone is working as it should. I now have an unlocked phone and I'm running Cyanogen mod RC3. Hoorah for me! Thanks to all that helped along the way also... well appreciated

Everything loaded correctly that I backed up from Rom manager as well as Titanium backup. The only thing that is not loading correctly is the Launcherpro, when i try to restore backup it says " an error occured while trying to restore backup, please make sure the SD card is available" I dunno, but I figure worst case scenario I have to redo my Launcher pro settings... no biggie I suppose...

Quote Originally Posted by aseems View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by latinfavio View Post
    I think I really jacked it up now, after downloading Cyanogen mod 6 from Rom manager I decided to back it up before swyping it, apparantly it doesnt let you go back to that. It reset my phone and when rebooting it was stuck on the start up menu of the Cyanogen logo. now what??? I decided to hold the power button, trackball and volume, eventurally taking me to a few options, i did a data wipe at this point thinking that what was I was supposed to do... hmm i dunno now..

Lastly I did a option to run file from Zip but out of all those file, none say Cyanogen...

I would appreciate some help guys... thanks!!!
    You made a choice

i pray you get back your N1

This isn't the thread for you anymore (unfortunately)

Try here -
    Nexus One Development & Hacking - Nexus One Forum - Google Phone Forum

All the Best!

Congratulations on getting your phone Rooted!

But you are running CM6 RC3? Check rom manager for the 6.0.0 stable update.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

I did see the one that said Stable, but I read somewhere that I should get the RC3... I would think it's the most update one.... it makes sense though that I run the stable one lol ..

I did see the one that said Stable, but I read somewhere that I should get the RC3... I would think it's the most update one.... it makes sense though that I run the stable one lol ..
    You can update to the stable one without a wipe.

Just make sure that you install the Gapps again.

Cool thanks, It's downloading now, lets see what happens... I suppose I should not continue to post here now that my phone is rooted, but thanks to this anti root thread I was able to accomplish this root.. Ironic.. see you guys on the other thread..

Congrats on rooting.
    LOL, looks like this "Refuse to Root" thread is starting to backfire.
    A few posters have already defected to the Dark Side!
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Quote Originally Posted by aseems View Post
    I think I really jacked it up now, after downloading Cyanogen mod 6 from Rom manager I decided to back it up before swyping it, apparantly it doesnt let you go back to that. It reset my phone and when rebooting it was stuck on the start up menu of the Cyanogen logo. now what??? I decided to hold the power button, trackball and volume, eventurally taking me to a few options, i did a data wipe at this point thinking that what was I was supposed to do... hmm i dunno now..

Lastly I did a option to run file from Zip but out of all those file, none say Cyanogen...

I would appreciate some help guys... thanks!!!
    You made a choice

Hey aseems, good buddy

Since you are still monitoring, you must secretly be thinking about rooting still. No one has lost their phones. All, to my knowledge, are getting it figured out and enjoying. It is like learning to ride a bike. A fall or two is expected, then smooth sailing.

i pray you get back your N1

This isn't the thread for you anymore (unfortunately)

Try here -
    Nexus One Development & Hacking - Nexus One Forum - Google Phone Forum

All the Best!

Hey aseems, good buddy

Since you are still monitoring, you must secretly be thinking about rooting still. No one has lost their phones. All, to my knowledge, are getting it figured out and enjoying. It is like learning to ride a bike. A fall or two is expected, then smooth sailing.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Talking Thank you for being my Pals

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post

Hey aseems, good buddy

Ken
    Dear Rugmankc,

I WILL ALWAYS FOLLOW MY FRIENDS!~!!!

And open to learning, (even the ways of the darkside can be turned to Good... Ref. Ep 6. Slice

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

HATE THE SIN NOT THE SINNER!

Cheers
    Aseem

Your're Getting Closer
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

I'm sorry, as much as I thought I would never root; curiosity got the best of me so I rooted to CM6 and latest radio from FRG33 update on the weekend! I've had to leave the group as a result!
    Nothing is perfect, but we must not lose faith in perfection. If we did, everything would be a whole lot worse than it is now!

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links