Anyone use an FM transmitter/sync/charger like this?

This is a discussion on Anyone use an FM transmitter/sync/charger like this? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; FM Transmitter with integrated Car Charger for the Google Nexus One - uses Gomadic TipExchange Technology I have the Car Dock, but its just that, ...

Thread: Anyone use an FM transmitter/sync/charger like this?

Anyone use an FM transmitter/sync/charger like this?

FM Transmitter with integrated Car Charger for the Google Nexus One - uses Gomadic TipExchange Technology

I have the Car Dock, but its just that, a dock. I want to stream music to car but alas its a late model and the stereo is not up to todays standards. Any one have this or something similar that works?

Thanks in advance.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Claw View Post
    FM Transmitter with integrated Car Charger for the Google Nexus One - uses Gomadic TipExchange Technology

I have the Car Dock, but its just that, a dock. I want to stream music to car but alas its a late model and the stereo is not up to todays standards. Any one have this or something similar that works?

Thanks in advance.
    Wierd... just yesterday I was doing the same thing.

On Amazon I was looking for the same thing and I saw the same charger you referenced.

However, in one of the "comments" I saw someone mention that they returned that one and bought the following instead:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/FlexSMART-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Hands-Free-Capability/dp/B003PPGOC0/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1283295207&sr =1-1"]Amazon.com: GOgroove FlexSMART X2 ADVANCED Wireless In-Car Bluetooth FM Transmitter with Charging and Hands-Free Capability - CONNECTS TO YOUR ANDROID THROUGH BLUETOOTH, No need for factory installed bluetooth, THEN TRANSMITS Hi-Fi AUDIO TO YOUR CAR [/ame]

Note on the device you mention the wires seem too disorganized.

The 2nd device uses Bluetooth to get the audio from your Android Phone then transmits the audio over FM to your car stereo.

It includes an auto-station finder which will locate an unused FM frequency to use.

If you notice it also has a USB port so if you need to you can charge your Nexus One also.

I think the way it plugs in to the cigarette lighter, its small footprint and minimal wires is what got me to order one today.

But using Bluetooth is cool because even someone in the backseat "could" use their phone or pc to provide the audio.

The 2nd device is more expensive ($64 vs $39) but from comments I've found people are really happy with it and how it works.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links