SetCPU... is weird?

This is a discussion on SetCPU... is weird? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi all! I'm a new Cyanogen user and one thing I tried using straight away was setCPU. I've heard many users say it helps prolong ...

Thread: SetCPU... is weird?

SetCPU... is weird?

Hi all!

I'm a new Cyanogen user and one thing I tried using straight away was setCPU. I've heard many users say it helps prolong battery life (although I haven't heard by how much) or increase performance depending on the settings. I normally need to recharge daily (so in 24 hours, I'll have approx 50% left), but if I risk it, 2 days should be OK.

So I decided to make a few profiles myself to see if this app works. So here are the profiles I made yesterday (can't remember exactly, since changed it today):

*battery <100: 1113 to 245 Conservative
    *battery <50: 700ish to min (I can't remember the number exactly) Conservative
    *battery <40: 500ish to min Powersave
    *Screen off: 245 to 245 Powersave

They arent the exact numbers, but I wanted to ask about the end option (e.g ondemand, conservative and powersave)

I had my phone at 98% battery before going to bed, normally on stock ROM, it would drop by about 5% (so it would still be int he 90's worst case scenario), but after using the above settings on SetCPU, I woke up to a remaining 75%!! Which kinda contradicts the "powersave" name.

In panic, I changed the profile settings instantly, mainly just the end remark from conservative back to ondemand (since its the default option).

So my question is, how do the different remarks work? I was thinking:
    *Performance is like "high perfomance" on a laptop power options
    *conservative like "balanced"
    *powersave... you get the point.
    *Ondemand, run at lowest setting, only use when needed

But seeing that I had 245 to 245 and powersave for screen off, I cannot see the reason why the battery drained so fast. Now that everything is "ondemand" it seems to discharge like stock. How should I REALLY be configuring this to get more uptime?

Thanks
    Galaxy Nexus? I like Nexus prime more. Even the code name "Maguro" seemed cooler.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I think that last setting might be what messed you up. The screen off max setting should not be that low. That means that your processor is maxed out the lowest setting which in turn makes the phone very unefficient at performing its background tasks. Try upping that to around the half way mark and see if that helps. Also you should use the setting "on demand" instead of conservative. That is what is recommended by most people.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    I think that last setting might be what messed you up. The screen off max setting should not be that low. That means that your processor is maxed out the lowest setting which in turn makes the phone very unefficient at performing its background tasks. Try upping that to around the half way mark and see if that helps. Also you should use the setting "on demand" instead of conservative. That is what is recommended by most people.
    Yes, that was the first thing i changed after seeing the effects.

Now, i've set it at around 500 and it seems to be working fine.

So how do the modes differ from each other?
    Galaxy Nexus? I like Nexus prime more. Even the code name "Maguro" seemed cooler.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links