New Nexus One Froyo build?

This is a discussion on New Nexus One Froyo build? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I have always done it through my computer....

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: New Nexus One Froyo build?

I have always done it through my computer.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Guess thats y its not working on my phone. Do i rename it like u did when we manually updated to froyo? Also i heard theres no paid apps in the market when u go to the new build is that true?

Don't know about the new build. But, when flashing thru Amon_Ra for Roms I put on sd card from pc, i always name just "update", no quotes, no .zip. Always works that way. Thru Rom Manager it doesn't matter.

I don't know if that is you problem on not being able to install Modaco. It is pretty cut and dry, if you are properly set up. Please Nandroid and wipe.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Well thanx for ur help im probably just gona wait until google releases an offical update until i try to flash it

New Froyo ROM Question's

It looks to me like this may be fixing some problems that Froyo caused. I know that my 3g, WiFi and BT have been spotty since July 2nd (when I recieved the OTA) and woulld guess the new radio in the ROM would be addressing that problem.

So I'm hoping for a FG OTA. Anyone think I might be on the right track here?

Quote Originally Posted by dudewithaplan View Post
    It looks to me like this may be fixing some problems that Froyo caused. I know that my 3g, WiFi and BT have been spotty since July 2nd (when I recieved the OTA) and woulld guess the new radio in the ROM would be addressing that problem.

So I'm hoping for a FG OTA. Anyone think I might be on the right track here?
    Where is download for it with the new radio? Can I just flash it in Rom Manager, and it'll update the radio and everything??

Frg33?

I read on howardforums that there is an update to Froyo - FRG33? Has anyone got that yet?

it's not being pushed yet. you can get ROMs with it at Modaco

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    [Nightlies] Discussion of Nightlies - CyanogenMod Forum - Page 51

It's there just not the build number per this thread.

You can get cyan builds from their site, dl to phone or pc. From pc copy to sd card and flash:

Google Nexus One Experimental Mod - CyanogenMod Forum

Check and see whether you want stable or experimental builds.

Alright, man... You walked me thru my original FRG33 fiasco with the patience of a saint. I need to lean on you again. Once I got "truly" rooted, I loaded the rooted/deodexed/busybox/tb-alert...etc.,etc,FRG33 from Modaco. I finally decided I'd try out the CM6 ROMs. But I can't get them to flash with ROM Manager. It all looks to be pretty straight forward stuff. It always aborts, though, when I try to flash it. I tried CM6 stable multiple times. Just tried the most recent nightly, just to see if I would get a different result. No dice. I've even reformatted my sdcard, just in case. Nothing seems to work. I still have the radio that flashed with the FRG33 (not sure if that's significant or not). Really doesn't make sense. Have I skipped a step somewhere??? Thankfully the backup/restore works perfectly, b/c I've wiped and restored every time I've tried to flash one of these CM files.

Any further advice is greatly appreciated...

What do you mean by truly rooted, did you root thru SDK/ADB, as opposed to one-click. Do you have another recovery on your phone like Amon_Ra.

Has Rom Manager ever worked? Just the basics first. Do you have ClockworkMod flashed under "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" on main screen. If so, go down and tap on Fix Permissions and make sure Advanced is checked under Menu/Settings/Advanced Mode. Try tapping on "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" on top of main Rom Mgr page before you start anything with Rom Manager/CWMod. Some people have had lick with that.

If that don't work, you could flash another recovery like Amon from the "Flash Alternate Recovery" on Rom Mgr's main page. Then try to install CM6 thru Amon.

Since you flashed Modaco with no problems, I assume you got the basics down. There have been some reported issues with one-click and/or frf33.

I am not sure what else to try. What radio do you have? If it is 12_7 or the Korean Radio, you should be OK. Modaco would have at least one of them in his Rom.

Also, remember if you back up with CWMod you restore with CWMod, and same way for Amon.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links